Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/7/2004 4:42:35 PM EST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3676578643&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

that link takes you to ebay, check this out.. It's a dedicated 9mm lower receiver. Uses colt style ejector and feedramp, included in the sale. Mounting holes are done and pins included. What do you think?

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:00:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2004 5:02:54 PM EST by halik]
UZI mags= pricey why not sten???

halik
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:41:29 PM EST
The setup on it is colt and accepts the uzi mag. The sten mag is an ole setup and is completely different.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:43:27 PM EST
i mean unaltered Sten mags. AFAIK Oly uses modified mags that look like .22 ciener on stereoids.

halik
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:07:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By halik:
i mean unaltered Sten mags. AFAIK Oly uses modified mags that look like .22 ciener on stereoids.

halik

What he prob means is similar to the Sten mag in the Colt 9mm set up idea, but w/ a dedicated lower. Not sure a how a paddle release would work though....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:56:32 AM EST
what kaliburz said,

Colt setup up with plain jane sten mags and decicated lower.

halik
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:06:49 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 7:09:19 AM EST by brushdog]
How about a dedicated lower with modified sten mags. Who or how can this be finished to 100%
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:22:49 AM EST
In order for this lower in question to be "modified" to work w/ Stens (say notched stens, like in the tacked thread), one would have to widen the mag well just a tad and lengthen it. As in take off material in the front. Sten mags are longer.

It's a great idea lower, it's just headed the wrong way. As cheap as 223 lowers are, someone would prob just get a block to use.

I would prefer a nothced Sten. Granted, it's a "new lower design".... but Stens are much cheaper. Granted, this seller is prob. hoping the ban will end.... as do many of us here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:35:54 AM EST
The real problem is finding company that is going to do it for cheap.

You know if one of the big five (RRA, Bushmaster, etc.) make a dedicated pistol lower just like the one on ebay, then they are doing to charge thru the ass for it.

The only other option is buying 80% recdeiver and finishing it yourself. I know of a compnay that might be willing to go that route.....

halik
Top Top