Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:28:41 AM EDT
I have a new beam cover and it won't spring open. i have to almost pry it open, is that normal?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:51:11 PM EDT
I made a post a couple of days ago about my filter but no one responded. I have the FM25 and besides flying off the light while shooting, I have also given up on trying to open it. I can't do it quickly with my fingers. I normally pryed it with something. The cover didn't have a tight fit so I would just slide the whole thing off the light. I recently layered electrical tape inside the filter to get a really tight fit. It took three rounds of tape before it would stop popping off during shooting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:50:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:20:51 PM EDT
having the same issue with a recently purchased FM64.... It was so tight when I first received it that I actually referred to the manual to see if there was some kind of lock before I went to prying it open. After a couple of nights of "dry firing" the latch with a flat head screw driver, its getting a little more reasonable with the required pressure to open.

Kudos to Calvin on his return policy too. He is great to work with!
--MT--
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:04:41 PM EDT
cal, thanks for the advise on the spring-ness of the cover. i will work it out a bit and see if it gets more springy. is the metal tab on top what springs it open? should i bend it a little?

ps~ cal is the man to deal with, that is a shamless plug, he is solid.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:46:37 PM EDT
Top Top