Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2003 8:18:22 AM EDT
Like the ones from walmart has anyone put a HUMIDITY wand in this kind of safe ?
there's a hole in the left side, is that hole for a wand? I hope this topic does not get locked ,I do keep my ar in this safe

thanks...
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking at those as well...$250 for a nice looking safe isn't bad IMO.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of these things?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've been looking at those as well...$250 for a nice looking safe isn't bad IMO.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of these things?
View Quote

Yo... why are you jacking my thread ?[:D]
but to answer your ? they are good quality and I got one , but cost me $299.00 at the time !!!
It's alot better then them light steel safe's
or NOTHING  at all !!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one as an overflow safe as my Fort Knox was filling up.  Not bad for the money and you can drive it home in your pickup truck.

It is not as heavy gauge steel as the Fort Knox, and the lock is not as good, but it is world's better thatn one of the sheet metal locker-style excuses for a safe.  A dehumidifier rod is a must in the basement, and this year I could have used two...
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]
had mine for about a year now. very nice safe for the money.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
how about some pics.  how many rifles can it hold?  i'm in need of a safe pretty bad.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, that probably is a hole provided to install a Golden Rod. Mine doesn't have a hole in the side, but there is one on the back large enough to acomodate the electrical wire.

No, I haven't tried one. I have been using a few small containers of silica gel instead. So far so good.

I have the 14 rifle model. It will hold six comfortably. I added two more shelves, for a total of three. Lets me store a few rifles and several handguns. I can cram ten rifles into it if I have to, but it is very slow going to do so.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If you guys dont have Wal Mart close by, Home Depot has them also, about the same price too.. John
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
how about some pics.  how many rifles can it hold?  i'm in need of a safe pretty bad.
View Quote

just cleaned this one out.
[img]http://sio.midco.net/thomas37/camo/safe/safe3_inside102003.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sio.midco.net/thomas37/camo/safe/safe3_inside102003b.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Like it was said above, good safe for the money.

Do they make better...yes.

But the price is why I got one. Way better than my old glass front gun cabinet.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you guys dont have Wal Mart close by, Home Depot has them also, about the same price too.. John
View Quote

Wal mart does not carry these all the time it's a seasonal thing also lowes carry them ,they are about  300 lbs.  I need a wand ,I have a hydrometer it reads about 65 to 70% humidity ,thats with a silica pack,that shit suck ASS !!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Wal mart does not carry these all the time it's a seasonal thing also lowes carry them ,they are about  300 lbs.  I need a wand ,I have a hydrometer it reads about 65 to 70% humidity ,thats with a silica pack,that shit suck ASS !!!
View Quote

Yeah when I went to buy mine, Wal-mart did not have any, the clerk said they only sold them during hunting season. I replied, do you think thieves steal only during hunting season?

They couldn't even order it for some reason. [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#12]
A question and a suggestion:

[b]Question:[/b]
Are the rails that hold the rifles upright too high for short AR carbines or AKs? I've owned one of those cheap-o walmart lockers before, and the "barrel-rest" I guess they are called were too high, so my carbines would just tip over. (god bless wal-mart's return policy!!!)
Can someone perhaps measure it for me pleeeaaassseeee? Thank you.

[b]Suggestion:[/b]
If you have the humidity blues, the cheapest effective way to take care of it is to go buy a bag of the best CRYSTAL kitty-litter, and fill up a panty-hose with it. Tie it up and you've got the strenght of a thousand silica-packs...
Ironically enough; I wouldn't use it for cat litter...Stick with regular clay...Trust me, that crap dries the hell out of my poor cats paws. Whoa way too get off topic! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are the rails that hold the rifles upright too high for short AR carbines or AKs?
View Quote

A 14.5 w/ Permanent phantom and collapsible stock (in one notch) is about 1" too short to reach the rail.  A 16" is OK.  You can always put a block of wood in the bottom, or put a shelf on the bottom and store stuff under it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are the rails that hold the rifles upright too high for short AR carbines or AKs? I've owned one of those cheap-o walmart lockers before, and the "barrel-rest" I guess they are called were too high, so my carbines would just tip over. (god bless wal-mart's return policy!!!)
Can someone perhaps measure it for me pleeeaaassseeee? Thank you.

[b]Suggestion:[/b]
If you have the humidity blues, the cheapest effective way to take care of it is to go buy a bag of the best CRYSTAL kitty-litter, and fill up a panty-hose with it. Tie it up and you've got the strenght of a thousand silica-packs...
Ironically enough; I wouldn't use it for cat litter...Stick with regular clay...Trust me, that crap dries the hell out of my poor cats paws. Whoa way too get off topic! [;)]
View Quote

yo man it's 34 inches ....measured just for ya !!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Re Goldenrod in a Sentry Safe: [url]questions.askit.com/askit?token=26be88f18e85fcb8b1667bd70222a8a&topic=7.65019126E9&cmd=ShowAFaqCmd&question_id=642032.0&jsessionid=3038451066007357457[/url]

Quoted:
View Quote

[url]www.sentrysafe.com/SafesForGunowners/[/url]

Seems to be a good buy for the money.  Obviously, they really need to be bolted to something!

Prior thread on Sentry Safes: [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=208344&w=searchPop[/url]

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
where can one find a golden rod at?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey ...go to bass pro shops on oakridge rd and I-drive they got them for $24.99

if you dont know ,it's in orlando...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 2:33:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Dicks Sporting Goods if you have one in your area sells the 16 gun Model for $327.00 they just ran an ad on it I am going to buy one this weekend had a few guns stolen once cheap piece of mind.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top