Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/12/2003 1:53:54 PM EDT
I am looking for a scope for my AR as the one I currently have on it is going to a friend. I do not know much about the different brands. The local gun store was recommending BSA brand as the one to get. I have only about $200 to spend and I have been looking for one that I can be accurate from 50-600 yards and it be strong enough I can see the hole in the target since I dont have/cant afford a spotting scope. Any suggestions on brands and such would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:45:52 PM EDT
I owned a BSA for about 45 minutes. For a low cost scope, I have a Tasco Mag IV 50 that works very well. As for seeing the holes in a target, a .22 caliber hole is pretty tough to see even with a 20X scope with a 50 MM objective. TRG
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:48:13 PM EDT
www.natchezss.com has a Bushnell Scope Chief Line on sale. It's a 8-32x. For $189.00. Cant comment on quality but would expect it to be better than BSA.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:10:34 PM EDT
I agree, I have a couple of Bushnell scopechiefs and for the money they have been great scopes. Plus Bushnell has been around forever,and will stay here. I also have had generally good luck with the better grade Simmons scopes, just be sure to look at the optics before you buy, I have seen a few that were noticably substandard, probably slipped by QC. Plus, I had one 2.5x8 that the guts fell apart. I sent it back, within 3 weeks I had a brand new one, never a problem since,that was about 6 or 7 years ago. Simmons' warranty is standard for scopes, but they really came through and quickly for me. HTH
Top Top