Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2003 1:53:54 PM EDT
I am looking for a scope for my AR as the one I currently have on it is going to a friend.  I do not know much about the different brands.  The local gun store was recommending BSA brand as the one to get.  I have only about $200 to spend and I have been looking for one that I can be accurate from 50-600 yards and it be strong enough I can see the hole in the target since I dont have/cant afford a spotting scope.  Any suggestions on brands and such would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I owned a BSA for about 45 minutes.  

For a low cost scope, I have a Tasco Mag IV 50 that works very well.  As for seeing the holes in a target, a .22 caliber hole is pretty tough to see even with a 20X scope with a 50 MM objective.

TRG

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
www.natchezss.com has a Bushnell Scope Chief Line on sale. It's a 8-32x. For $189.00. Cant comment on quality but would expect it to be better than BSA.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree, I have a couple of Bushnell scopechiefs and for the money they have been great scopes.  Plus Bushnell has been around forever,and will stay here.  I also have had generally good luck with the better grade Simmons scopes, just be sure to look at the optics before you buy, I have seen a few that were noticably substandard, probably slipped by QC.  Plus, I had one 2.5x8 that the guts fell apart.  I sent it back, within 3 weeks I had a brand new one, never a problem since,that was about 6 or 7 years ago.  Simmons' warranty is standard for scopes, but they really came through and quickly for me.   HTH
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top