Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 7:32:49 AM EDT
I am looking to mount a scope on my flattop AR with a fixed front sight base. My question is how high should the rings be so as to put the scope line of sight above the front sight base. Is it possible to do this or am I always going to have the blurred top of the FSB in the bottom of my scope view? any sugestions will be apreciated.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 6x scope on my 20" flat top and don't see the FSB at all....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#2]
that is what I hoped. I have always used red dot scopes and co-witnessed through them and all my high power scopes were on push feed guns with no FSB's. I have a nice DMR that I wanted to put a Leupy on but was curious as to whether it would be better to put a flip up FSB on it. What rings are you using?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
yes that does help. I was looking for the perfect mount and that seems like the one.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anything above 3x power will "see through" the FSB.

For an AR you will not find a better mount than the LaRue SPR mount.  It comes in versions for 30mm and 1" tubes.  It places the scope at the correct height, allows for proper eye relief and has a darn near 100% repeatable zero.  I have two and would not buy any other mount.

I got both of mine from Grant at G&R Tactical.  

Hope this helps.

+1
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top