Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:43:19 AM EDT
I'm waiting on my Sabre Defence upper, 16" midlength, A3.
Any recommendations on which lower to use. I've searched on all of them and really can't see a huge difference other than surface finish differences and possible mag fit problems. I'm not real crazy about the deer head but I can get over that. Is it worth spending the extra for an LMT or similar? I guess my concern is the Sabre upper is high quality. Should I be concerened about the lower being expensive also? I may want to paint it in the future so a Teflon finish may not be good either.

Thanks in advance!

Longhunter1757
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:36:55 AM EDT
For less than $100 you can find many very high quality lowers. Stag, Mega, Superior, Ameetec are just a few. Personally, I feel paying anything more than this on a lower is just spending money for name recognition. I used Mega for my build and couldn't be happier. The quality of the machine work is what impressed me about Mega. Most machine shops leave some amount of flashing and visible forge separation marks, especially around the trigger area and backstrap just above the grip. Mega is one of the few manufacturers I've seen that takes the time to completely finish off these areas. Granted, flashing is only a cosmetic issue but it's the little things that show a company's attention to detail.

Mega is teflon coated but if you look around for some of Stickman's guns you'll see that he does a lot of refinishing using Norrells (IIRC). These coatings come in a number of colors and he's done a few Mega lowers that are very nice indeed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:52:12 AM EDT
Rkangel777,

I think you summed it up pretty much, pay more and get less if you are buying something other than a Mega or CMT product.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:01:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Rkangel777,

I think you summed it up pretty much, pay more and get less if you are buying something other than a Mega or CMT product.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:52:26 PM EDT
I've got a similar related question - Which lower will have a finish to match the Sabre products the best? I'm planning to put my Sabre middy upper on a bushy lower.

I know a gun's a tool and appearance shouldn't matter.......but I'm anal about stuff like that and it's my money!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:08:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 2:09:53 PM EDT by HP40]
If Sabre is indeed the maker of Cav Arms uppers as I have heard, then Ameetec lowers are an absolute perfect match up as far as color and fit. My Cav Arms upper and Ameetec lower are exactly the same color and finish.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:02:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HP40:
If Sabre is indeed the maker of Cav Arms uppers as I have heard, then Ameetec lowers are an absolute perfect match up as far as color and fit. My Cav Arms upper and Ameetec lower are exactly the same color and finish.

Interesting info.. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:12:13 AM EDT
Thanks everyone. You confirmed what I though. heck
Longhunter1757
Top Top