Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 5:35:15 AM EDT
i have seen on the Wolf website they list two different loads in .308 but i have never seen them in stores. it seems to me with less and less 7.62 surplus available that they would want to capitalize on this market.
 if Wolf and barnaul can sell .30-06 i would think there would be an even larger market for .308 ammo...whats the deal? anyone seen any of this stuff???
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I talked to a couple ammo suppliers and they say they don't think it is shipping yet.  Should be soon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
i talked to an ammo dealer this weekend. he said he got 1 case of Wolf .308 last year but that his suppliers dont even carry it.  for what its worth he said it was  good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
My buddy and I e-mailed Wolf last year and asked about them manufacturing .308 and they said that it was supposed to be available in spring of 2003.  I think that they are waiting until the surplus .308 dries up so they can sell their new commercial ammo at a slightly higher price and make a bigger profit on it.  I think that Wolf will definately bring .308 to our shores 'cause they don't want to miss out on all the money they will make...I mean think about all the FAL and Cetmes that have been sold here in the last 2-3 years not too mention the M1A crowd if they aren't too afraid of the "supposed laquerproblem"!LOL
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is another link on this topic . . .

[url]http://billstclair.com/blog/030409.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree that the surplus ammo that's floating around may be part of the delay. It would be hard for Wolf to make new ammo and sell it for a profit when the Port is so cheap. For my use I'd rather have the Port if the cost was the same. But someday sooner or later, the surplus .308 is gonna start drying up and there will be a demand for cheap .308 ammo.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been waiting for Wolf 308 for years.  Maybe my wish will finally come true.
Don't think that surplus 308 is the issue as there is a lot of surplus 223 and 7.62x54R yet Wolf makes both of these calibers.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top