Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:37:58 AM EDT
While this is not related to our beloved ar15s... Does anyone know of a reliable, reasonably priced distributor of high capacity ruger magazines?

Thank you,
Airdale9726
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know a specific place but if oy ubuythe cheap ones, they have feed problems
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
go to www.fourfourmag.com .....FACTORY LE marked 20 shot for $35.00 each!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I bought AR mags from that site a while back and they sent me mags that had the floorplates and bodies with holes drilled into them with twisted wire holding the floorplates onto the magazine body.  All were pained, nasty inside, and had rusted springs.  One of them had a steel follower that wouldn't even allow a round to chamber and obviously did not belong in an AR mag.  Not only did they sell me sh!t mags, I was lied to and given the run around when I called and requested a refund.  The told me that these had been purchased from uncle sam in that condition and that it was the best deal going on, yada yada yada.  I was steamed...

The only reason I got my money back was because I disputed the charge with my credit card.

There was a long thread here with all the details if anyone is interested...

Maybe they've cleaned up their act, or maybe not?

Buy at your own risk...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I assume we are talking about mags for the Mini 14?  If so, the only ones to get are Factory Ruger.  All the aftermarket mags have feeding/jamming problems of one kind or another.  With the sunset of the AWB, you should see some LEO mags trickle onto the market.  Ruger stopped selling much of their line to "civilians" voluntarily long before the AWB and they continue that policy today.

I will never buy anything Ruger again.  There are plenty of American gunmakers that have been in business much longer than Ruger and they have not sold us out.  Just my .02 cents.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't remember who but there is someone else that makes good mags for the Mini 14. I've got a couple and use them along with Rugers with an AC556 and do not notice the difference. Maybe somebody can tell tou who makes them. I looked but no name on them. Bought them on EE.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While this is not related to our beloved ar15s... Does anyone know of a reliable, reasonably priced distributor of high capacity ruger magazines?

Thank you,
Airdale9726

NIW PMI 30RD VERY reliable $29 from delta force. Go to the indutry section and follow the link.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Not true. I have PMI, USA and both work the same as my factory mags for much less money. Some aftermarket mags work perfectly. Some may need the feed lips bent a little. Not accurate to say that "all" have problems.

Quoted:
I assume we are talking about mags for the Mini 14?  If so, the only ones to get are Factory Ruger.  All the aftermarket mags have feeding/jamming problems of one kind or another.  With the sunset of the AWB, you should see some LEO mags trickle onto the market.  Ruger stopped selling much of their line to "civilians" voluntarily long before the AWB and they continue that policy today.

I will never buy anything Ruger again.  There are plenty of American gunmakers that have been in business much longer than Ruger and they have not sold us out.  Just my .02 cents.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree, I had 6 USA (crap) mags with my Mini and 2 ruger factory mags, and they all worked perfectly.  Never a minutes trouble out of any of them.  You couldn't tell them apart when it came to function and reliability.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I bought AR mags from that site a while back and they sent me mags that had the floorplates and bodies with holes drilled into them with twisted wire holding the floorplates onto the magazine body.  All were pained, nasty inside, and had rusted springs.  One of them had a steel follower that wouldn't even allow a round to chamber and obviously did not belong in an AR mag.  Not only did they sell me sh!t mags, I was lied to and given the run around when I called and requested a refund.  The told me that these had been purchased from uncle sam in that condition and that it was the best deal going on, yada yada yada.  I was steamed...

The only reason I got my money back was because I disputed the charge with my credit card.

Buy at your own risk...

What's  up nate I was the other guy with the same problem, you help me out by telling me to call the cc comp !!!
nate is right, it happened JUST like he said!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I have used Federal Ordnance aka PMI mags (these are exactly the same mags) in Mini-14's since the early 80's without problem.  They work as reliably as Ruger factory mags.  

I prefer the 30's as the best compromise of size vs capacity, and they fit in the same mag pouches as my AR-15 mags.  The PMI 40's work just as well, but hang down pretty far.

USA's will work well when new, but the metal is not as stiff, and the feel lips will bend easier.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy at your own risk...

What's  up nate I was the other guy with the same problem, you help me out by telling me to call the cc comp !!!

I purchased some of those crapped out mags from fourfourmag.com.  But the advertisement that I used to get them specifically said they were crap mags and sold for less than $5.00 ea.  Not sure if you guys bought earlier than me and perhaps the ad was changed but the description of the mags and the mags I received were dead on.  (I purchased them specifically to be rebuilt with mag bodies that I acquired through CMMG)

Sly
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy at your own risk...

I purchased some of those crapped out mags from fourfourmag.com.  But the advertisement that I used to get them specifically said they were crap mags and sold for less than $5.00 ea.  Not sure if you guys bought earlier than me and perhaps the ad was changed but the description of the mags and the mags I received were dead on.  (I purchased them specifically to be rebuilt with mag bodies that I acquired through CMMG)

Sly

Oh.... hell no these were not those ,you could not use these for anything because these "MOST" of these mags the damn feedlips were bent or broke , and some of the tab were gone!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't remember who but there is someone else that makes good mags for the Mini 14. I've got a couple and use them along with Rugers with an AC556 and do not notice the difference. Maybe somebody can tell tou who makes them. I looked but no name on them. Bought them on EE.[/quote

Yup, PMI's. Can interchange with my Rugers and can't tell difference.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
What about the ones that SGN has?  Does any one know who makes those?  I am sick of crappy mini-14 mags.  I even have a ruger factory 30 rd mag.  Never jams, feeds great, but does not hold open the bolt on the last round.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy at your own risk...

Sly

Hey Tooly!

No, they were advertised as fully functional used mags that were supposedly on sale for $8 apiece.

Needless to say, I was not pleased when they arrived and did not work at all.

They changed the ad after their dirty laundry was aired out on this forum...

If anyone is really interested they can run a search, assuming it goes back 2 years.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Back to the subject at hand...
USA mags are hit and miss.  They are not worth the frustration.

The AR15.com of the Mini-14:
www.perfectunion.com/forums/index.php?s=b6bffe800f007439c27d1398ba2e709a&showforum=8
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Well you can always pay 8 times more for a factory mag if it is less frustrating for you. My USA mags are in perfect working order. And if I bought 5 and only two worked I am still ahead of the game compared to buying used factory mags.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#18]
As others have responded I will also ad that all USA mags are junk and even if they function today their long term use is doomed due to inferior design and materials. The mags I had for my Mini14 GB that functioned very well were factory Ruger (10/20/30), Federal Ordinance/PMI, and Thermold.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Right now you can get PMI's at www.deltaforce.com/

Blue 30's $29.95

Blue 40's $29.95

SS 30's  n/a

SS 40's $34.95

Oddly, you can buy the 40's separately cheaper than you can the 4 for $x deal.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top