User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 6:02:23 PM EDT
is rock river arms better than buchmaster,thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The biggest difference in the two is Bushmaster offers Chrome Lined barrels in all their weapons.  RRA only has some chrome lined M4 barrels and the cost is higher.  Everyone I have talked to with both brands likes them both.  BTW, my original plan was a RRA TASC rifle but I purchased the Bushmaster ONLY because of the chrome lined barrel.

Sarge
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
BM also used 4150 milspec steel for their barrels. RRA uses 4140.

RRA is still an excellent value.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I encourage anyone looking to compare side by side.  I think you will come to your own conclusion.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
When recently confronted with the same dilema, I chose Rock River. The awesome, smooth, crisp 2 stage (3.3#) trigger did it...and the rest of the gun ain't so bad, either! [img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1641580.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
[size=5][b]BUSHMASTER ! [/size=5][/b]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
BUSHMASTER.

If your going to buy a whole gun get a Bushmaster. But if your gonna assemble something, a RRA lower with a Bushy upper sounds like a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BUSHMASTER.

If your going to buy a whole gun get a Bushmaster. But if your gonna assemble something, a RRA lower with a Bushy upper sounds like a great idea.
View Quote

I agree, except I'd go so far as to recommend all RRA components except for a Bushy barrel assembly for a home build.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]

BUSHMASTER 100%
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
RRA has some SERIOUS ethical problems. Related to issues with armalite. No way in hell i will support them.

BUSHMASTER 100%
View Quote

Would you care to elaborate? Thanks.

Be well!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I own a RRA and have fired the Bushmaster. Both are fine weapons but I prefer the fit and finish of the RRA. The 2 BMs that I fired were not as tight but they operated fine and shot decent groups.

Buy one of each and give us a full report back by Monday.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is rock river arms better than buchmaster,thanks in advance
View Quote

No.
One has a 1/4 century of experience the other a little more than 2 or 3.
GG
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
2 or 3 years of experience?

RRA was started (by most accounts) by  ex-Armalite employees. Armalite has plenty more experience with ARs than Bushmaster (AR stands for...)

Personally,I find Rock River Arms to be superior to Bushmaster in a multitude of ways. The fit is typically perfect, and the finish is a consistant dark BLACK (not purple). The barrels are of very good quality, and shoot very well; Bushmaster barrels are chromed and shoot decently. If one desires the chrome, it costs $50 more; a portion of the $200-300 premium for the Bushmaster. Also, the Rock River Arms NM trigger, standard on many models, is an incredible piece of machinery. This costs $100 extra if you want to buy one for your bushmaster.

Lastly, if you buy RRA, you help bring competition to the market, which means more choices and lower prices.

I'd go for the RRA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BUSHMASTER.

View Quote

I agree, except [red]I'd go so far as to recommend all RRA components except for a Bushy barrel assembly for a home build[/red].
View Quote

That's what I did. I highly recommen[red]d[/red] it.

edited for spelling [BD]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks for every ones in put.I'm going with my first instincts....Bushmaster. Going tomorrow to get it. Will post pics..thanks again... didn't know the ethical problems of RRA.Learn some thing new every day...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I love Bushys but I want a 1/7 twist chromelined,when are they going to make one?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:32:17 AM EDT
[#16]
So what does it mean that the RRA has a lower grade of steel? If I have my RRA HBAR turned down to the A2 profile, is that going to cause some problems because the steel is inferior?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
According to this [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=157402&w=searchPop[/url]

The only companies producing 4150 steel barrels are Colt and Bushmaster. Both 4140 and 4150 are high alloy Chrome Molybdenum steel, 4150 has 0.01% more carbon in the steel and is stronger at high temperatures. A plus for Bushmaster is you can get all of their barrels chrome lined vice only the M-4 barrel on the RRA.

Bushmaster offers a 1 year warranty on their rifles but RRA offers a lifetime warranty. Something to think about.

On a side note, what's the beef between Armalite and RRA? Copyright or patent issues since RRA was created by former Armalite employees? Or is it truely of an "ethical" nature?

Can anyone explain?

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#18]
As for Armalite having more experience in building them. Yes but today's armalite is armalite in name only. They have been around longer than RRA though.

mike
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BUSHMASTER.

View Quote

I agree, except I'd go so far as to recommend all RRA components except for a Bushy barrel assembly for a home build.
View Quote

Yeah I agree too. The Bushmaster stuff just doesnt look as pretty as RRA. The ONLY reason Im going Bushmaster over RRA is that the barrels are chromed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I check out some Bushys at my local gun dealer before buying my RRA.  The fit and finish was a lot better with the RRA over the Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#21]
At the risk of sounding like an idiot in front of people who know more than me..........What kind of ethical problems? Stealing blueprints?...How can you steal blueprints for a 40 year old rifle design?...Within my group of shooting buddys there's 3 rock rivers,4 bushys,1 dpms,1 prebie colt,1 post colt,and a couple of Sgw kit guns....Fit and finish? Rockriver hands down...Triggers?..with the exception of 1 aftermaket single stage the rock river 2 stage is the best..Price?...Rock river is middle of the road but IMHO you get more for your money than the pricier colt's and bushmasters...Chromelined?...Rockriver IIRC only offers chrome on there M4 profile so if you want a 20" and must have chrome then go with bushy or build it yourself.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
^^ What the hell. Are you on drugs? Calm down and talk slower.

I always talk about 20in barrels. There isnt anything else in the world besides 20 in barrels. Everyone else is just going for looks.

j/k
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]
What im talking about is the difference between rockriver and bushmaster as far as my exp. concerns, which is what i thought the original post was asking for...I have no idea which length barrel you are refering too,Ironranger also never said which length he was interested in...And i am not "talking" im typing so you can read my post as slowly or as fast as required for you to understand me....Oh and NO i am not on drugs thank you....UNDERDOG
edited to add J/K (maybe i need to read more slowly)
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I own both armalite and RRA. Both go bang. Nuff said. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I have an RRA HBAR upper. And, for those that don't know, let me emphasize the H.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#26]
I solved the whole crome thing without problem.  I just ordered a preban colt barrel, (couldn't find post) did a few legal modifications, slapped it in my rra and would you looky there, the best fit/finish, the best trigger, and a sweet 16in colt cromelined hbar barrel.  Problem solved.  All done less exspensivly than if I bought new anything!

RRA ROCKS!

Bushie Sucks  (cuzz theres none in my safe)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:51:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I,ve been looking at Varminters for about a month. I looked into Fulton, RRA and BM. I could not find out enough to feel good about "buying blind" on the Fulton. RRA quoted me four weeks and I had a varmint hunt comming up. The BMs were in stock locally. I went into the store fully intending to buy a BM when the clerk told me that he had owned two BM Varminters and traded for a RRA once he tried one. I ordered the RRA. It may have come in last week while I was hunting. When I get the sights/scope figured out and purchased I will post a report.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#28]
well brought home the BM today .m4 the fit lines loook great and it shoulders naturally.when i figure out how to use the camera i'll post pics, and when i get to the range i'll post a report. thanks.
                 IronRanger
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top