Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
Wahts the scoop here? I have heard the buffers tube on a rra lower is and isn't mil spec, but on  a stag they are. I have an opurunity to buy a rra lower with match trigger and telestock with 500 rnd through it for $285, or a new stag, same opetions for $325. My main questions is aren't thet the same and is one mil spec and the other not?
thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on the info I got when looking for info on various stocks, the RRA buffer tube is not milspec. I was going to have to buy the complete VLTOR stock kit instead of the basic kit (no buffer tube) for this very reason. Not sure if this applies to all RRA models though. Mine is an Entry Tactical that came with the 6 position CAR collapsible stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
one dealer said rra and stag are mil spec, another said ony stag....i am lost
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MIL-SPEC AR15.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA buffer tubes are not mil-spec
Stag/CMT tubes are

RRA complete M4 stocks are ~$60
stags are ~$70-$80
the mil-spec tubes+parts are ~$45

the mil-spec tubes provide more options, expecially if you would like to change stocks (VLTOR, etc) later on which require a mil-spec tube
the mil-spec tubes are also suppost to be stronger and more machined
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top