Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2004 3:29:43 PM EST
I am a LEO who is a member of our SWAT team. Recently during training we were doing vehicle assault scenerios where we needed to break out the side windows. I remembered a training class where the instructor indicated that he had affixed a window punch to the end of his AR-15 to acomplish this task. Unfortunately when I tried it during the training the punch wasn't secure enough and it was not effective(Which is why I tried it during training!!) Does anyone know or have this type of configuration on their gun or know of a commercial type product available?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:55:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/14/2004 3:55:54 PM EST by ar-wrench]
An automatic center punch is the proper tool. Works great, just push and it does the rest, no batteries required.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:13:15 PM EST
If you can invest in a Magpul M93A you may find the optional stricker plate up to the task.

Glockdog

Airborne!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:35:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:13:41 PM EST
hmmmm let my imagination run wild

I have a loaded gun and I need to break a window hmmmm wonder how I would break the window
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:50:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By 10X:
hmmmm let my imagination run wild

I have a loaded gun and I need to break a window hmmmm wonder how I would break the window

without lighting up the car.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:59:55 PM EST
there's a simple answer.....
1. jack a loaded cartridge out of the rifle(careful-watch where it goes)
2. pick it up and hold it against the window in question
3. take your handy-dandy ice pick and SMACK it against the primer

works for me everytime....

for you kids out there....i was just kidding-don't try this at home!

jake

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:02:47 PM EST
seriously-doesn't someone make a badass punch on the end of a knife? i used to see it in "smokey mountain knife" works all the time. i wanna say it was "smith and wesson" that made the knife. could be wrong though. it was for guys like SWAT. i think they had a "SWAT" series. someone clarify me if i'm wrong. it was spring loaded though.

jake
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:37:21 PM EST

S&W makes a rescue balde that has a springloaded window punch on one end and a serated(spl?) blade witha blunt end.

AZ-K9 I would think that a two man approach would be better, one breaks and rakes the window. The second can shoot or pull the driver/passanger out if needed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:11:41 PM EST
Get a Snap-on YA-805 Spring loaded center punch
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:21:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:20:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:
If you're going to have two people, then one can use a billy club or crowbar to break the window while the other holds the rifle on the suspect.

-Troy

I agree that's why I said "break and rake" I understand that he's looking for an option for a window punch I was offering another
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:25:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/14/2004 8:30:51 PM EST by Lumpy196]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:39:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
Muzzle strikes on people are one thing, but muzzle strikes on a hard surface with a gun that has no active firing pin safety gives me the heeby geebies.

Get a spring loaded center punch from the hardware store...or beat on it with your ASP.

Aside from the previously stated...

9/10 Copkillers all have 1 thing in common when asked to re-create their scenario. "Oppurtunity".
If the takedown was warranted, the need to "uncover" the threat w/ the muzzle of that AR's not a good idea. Once covered, keep the threat that way untilthe threats been neutrallized. Don't un-cover a threat, allowing any movement, esp. if the threats a f/st. pass. and you need a rear window open.
Use a punch, a light, an asp. Anything but not that weapon.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/15/2004 5:09:28 AM EST
As a matter of fact ASP makes a spring loaded center puch that works. It looks exactly like their mace pen the Key Defender.
Top Top