Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2006 2:25:08 PM EDT
Does anyone make a safety lever that can be installed on the right side of the rifle?

Not an ambi safety that has levers on both sides, I know about those. I want one that's right side only.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Lefty here.  I haven't seen any safeties that made for the right side only, , but I saw someone get an ambi safety and dremel the left side to a smooth surface.  Not sure if it was here or on SigForum.   It worked fine and looked great.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure that Olympic Arms makes a standard-looking selector that can be installed from either side.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe some lowers do not accept these.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
What does Stags lefty rifle have???
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I believe some lowers do not accept these.

I put my standard safety on the other side and it fit ok.

M4M, thanks for the tip, I'm looking into it right now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What does Stags lefty rifle have???

I believe that they have ambidextrous selectors.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Reversable safety selectors (not ambi)  Stag uses ambi

Olympic Arms catalog page 33 part number AR82R for $17 and JP Rifles at jprifles.com > rifle parts > trigger parts part number JPFC-S for $40
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Reversable safety selectors (not ambi)  Stag uses ambi

Olympic Arms catalog page 33 part number AR82R for $17 and JP Rifles at jprifles.com > rifle parts > trigger parts part number JPFC-S for $40

Yep, I found it in the OAI catalog, it's not on their website.

Thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top