Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:44:07 AM EDT
From my earlier psot on the new "rev e" EOtech - who has them in stock. I have called SWFA twice and they don't carry them and keep telling me they are not going to.

I'd like a 551 ("N" battery, vight vision compatible) with the ring/dot reticle.

If you reply with "Call SWFA again" please be more detailed in what I should ask for as I don't seem to be getting thru by asking for a rev e or "the new version with the rubber buttons and a longer battery life.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Check these guys out:

Grant Timberlake
G&R Tactical Outfitters
757-582-1855
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://gandrtactical.tripod.com[/url]

They did a group buy a month or so ago and the price was [b]incredible[/b] ...I still see used Rev D's going for more than I paid for my new Rev E.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
SWFA is one of the biggest EOTech dealer in the country, I don't understand why they say they are not carrying EOTech.  Do you know who you were talking to??
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if the 512 will be available w/ the "E" rev/mod?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
SMGlee,

Sorry for the confusion - the lady at SWFA said they aren't carrying the rev e EOtech 551. But they do carry EOtech. I don't know if she knows what I was talking about because she had to go ask somebody and I had to describe the rev e as ruber buttons and longer battery life.

If the SWFA moderator is reading this, I would appreciate knowing exactly what I need to say to your reps to order a rev e 551 sight. I'd like to deal with SWFA as I have bought a lot of stuff from them in the past.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
510 series will not be made with the rubberized buttons and the dive rating.  it does have the longer battery life eletronics.

Mr.Pink,

SWFA has the Rev E, but the lady does not know the difference.  All new EOTech shipped are so call Rev E, you should be save to order the 551 or 552 from SWFA.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Mirage Technologies just shipped me a 552 last Monday for $349. The price included shipping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I just received my EOTech 552 from SWFA.  No problems or hassles.  They are out of the scopecoats for now but will ship them when they arrive.  They matched the Mirage price and shipping.  My EOTech has the rubber buttons and was manufactured in April 2003 so it is definitely one of the newer Revs.  It is really nice!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Would someone care to post the website address for Mirage and SWFA?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
[URL]http://www.miragetechnologies.net/Main.htm[/URL]
[URL]http://www.swfa.com/[/URL]

By the way I just got a used 552 from Dave at Shooters Supply that i'm very happy with and the service was great I ordered it on monday morning it arrived wednesday afternoon. That's from Fayettville,NC to Las Vegas, NV.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
[;)]I got my 551-E two days ago.[;)]

Sweet!  What a big improvement from my 1st-gen AA Bushnell HoloSite.  Just flicking the battery compartment lever on top was an exhilirating high- everything fits so tight and perfect.  I can't wait to test it out.  

Is ARMS going to make the bi-level SIR in an M model?   That's whats holding me up...

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Check these guys out:

Grant Timberlake
G&R Tactical Outfitters
757-582-1855
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://gandrtactical.tripod.com[/url]

They did a group buy a month or so ago and the price was [b]incredible[/b] ...I still see used Rev D's going for more than I paid for my new Rev E.
View Quote

I will second on this... I was part of the group buy, and Grant was a great guy to deal with... I will be dealing with him again!

Dave
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the 512 will be available w/ the "E" rev/mod?
View Quote

Update: according to an e-mail reply I got from EOTech, "all of our models are currently made w/ the new "E" Mod."  Someone else in the know further replied that the "E" Mod wasn't just about the buttons, & that they were actually up to Mod "G" on some units.  Hhmmm...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#14]
The button is not available on the 510 series. this is applied to all Rev codes.  As far as Rev is concern, everything EOTech update some minor revision, it gets a new rev code.  As far as EOTech is concern, the rev code will not be announced nor will it be printed on the box anymore.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top