Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/27/2003 11:43:37 AM EDT
After reading the overwhelmingly favorable comments about Essential Arms on this board, I picked up an E.A. A1 carbine at a local pawn shop. Got a great deal that put a nice pre-ban in my hands for less than the price of a new post-ban.

QUESTION: Does anyone manufacture an A2-style (windage only) knob/apperture assembly to retrofit an A1 upper? My initial searches have come up empty, and I'm not sure yet that I would even want to make such a change.

TIA for the info.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:55:46 AM EDT
Thats a no go. The machining in the upper is all different. You can put a dial adjustment for windage on it thouh. Contact Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:14:01 PM EDT
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/lmt-001k.asp[/url] [img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/Images/lmt-001k.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:55:18 PM EDT
The apertures use the same size/thread windage screw so you can just replace the aperture with an A2 and you'll be fine. The only problem is that the A2 aperture is wider than an A1 so you'll have less room for adjustment and less space on either side of the aperture.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:04:26 PM EDT
Thanks, guys. Combat_Jack - I kept looking after posting and came up with the RAPIDEX KNOB at DPMS. Derek 45 - Your suggestion of the Bushmaster A1 Manual Rear Sight Adjustment Knob is even better because I have an order to call into Bushmaster next week. I like the idea of having a knob installed because I have a way of losing little specialty tools, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:45:09 PM EDT
[sarcasm]You mean little specialty tools like the very same loaded cartridges your rifle shoots? Yes, dry firing your rifle with mis-aligned sights must be very bad when you lose those little specialty tools.[/sarcasm] You can just use the point of a bullet to adjust A1 sights
Top Top