Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2004 1:11:42 AM EDT
Who has the best deal on replacement springs for USGI 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a few of these and they are made the same as the originalswww.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/583466

Some of the ones out are cut down thirty round springs or twenty round ones made of the same wire as the thirty. The cheapest I have seen are the thirty round springs at CDNN for 89cents.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You should go for the best not the cheapest.  The best would be Wolff +10% springs.   www.gunsprings.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't get the rebuild kits from Bushmaster.  The followers were cut down green 30rd followers and the springs were 30rd springs as were the base plates.  Luckily I had the old baseplates in good condition and actually needed a couple 30rd baseplates, but I had to cut down the springs myself which was kind of a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Based on personal experience I recommend the Wolf 20s.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Try Wood1, he was selling some Chrome Silicon springs a while back for 20s and 30s, I got some (for 30s) and they were good to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Are more expensive springs really better???  I've never had a problem with the free spring that came with every mag I ever bought.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Are more expensive springs really better???  I've never had a problem with the free spring that came with every mag I ever bought.

I'm not really referring to more expensive springs, or stronger than they were originally. Some 20 round usgi mags are around 40 years old.  They should be replaced!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Enhanced= The sellers wallet after you buy the expensive stuff.

Extra power= The extra buying buyer the seller has after getting your money you sent him for the expensive stuff.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top