Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2003 2:43:59 AM EDT
My M16 runs perfectly on semi auto, does it mean that it will also cycle as reliably on full auto? i don;t have a place to test it since most ranges does not allow full auto fire. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a select fire M16 than it should run fine on automatic.  You will have to learn proper trigger control to fire off 2-3 round bursts.

You can do a function check of the full auto parts with a unloaded weapon.  Remove mag and double check clear chamber.  Rotate selector to auto, hold trigger back and operate bolt several times.  Hammer should fall every time bolt goes forward.  Do the same with semi and hammer should lock back and not follow bolt forward.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
You could have a bolt bounce problem, and it would not show up in semi-auto, only in full auto mode.  Feeding, extraction, and ejection should be the same in semi or full.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
What does it do? Fire one shot and not reset, short burst and not reset or hang up?   Don’t get me wrong but it sounds a little like a Stock AR15 that has some M16 internals in it…..
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#4]
It probably won't work in full auto!  The technology is just not there yet!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
No it does not mean it will be equally as reliable.  Do you have a DIAS or RR gun?  If the auto sear is worn you could have reliablity issues that would not show up in semi auto mode.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top