Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 8:41:08 AM EDT
After my first build, I have noticed after about 300 rds, the buffer tube where the bolt carrier comes in contact with it is starting to show a wear ring.Is this going to be a problem? It is the actual face of the buffer. the only reason I'm asking is that I don't remember this ring from when I was in the Army. Has been a long time though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a buffer that has had about 7000 rounds of use on it right now, there is some wear on the finish, it is a distinct circle from the bolt carrier, but it dosen't seem to go past the buffer finish.  I recomend just giving it a quick look over during cleaning and not worrying about it too much.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Is the face of the buffer showing chipping along the outer edge?

If so, you may find some information in several posts by Tweak here:

[url]64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum56/HTML/000497.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
No. it seems like there is a circle on the face of the buffer that looks like the finish is gone. No chipping as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
DarkStar I can't make the link work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Working here... If you can't get the hot link to work try to cut and paste this into a new browser:

http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum56/HTML/000497.html

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok I got it. Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top