Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:48:40 AM EDT
I would like to change the bull barrel on my DPMS LR308 to a shorter thinner SPR profile. The barrel will be threaded for a can and surrounded by a DD rail.  Would it make sense to replace the entire barrel or have it turned down and shorted? Does ADCO handle .308 barrel work? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well first off, how does it shoot now?  It its pretty good, they for about $125 or so you can get the contour you want and threaded.  You can't get close to new barrel for that money.  

Good 308 barrels are hard to find these days, everybody wants one.

A few years ago, I sent my during the ban, Bushmaster 16" heavy barrel to
Kurts Kustom.  I dont know if he's is still doing this work, but he did a great job on mine.

Before:

After:

Adco has a great rep.  I had good luck with Kurt.  Randall (ar15barrels.com) is off the grid, bit off more than he can handle.

I had an LR308, but mine was fluted.  Much harder to work on if its fluted.  I sold the barrel and bought a med-con Noveske barrel.  Runs great, and I love it.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
You may get to be the guinea pig. If you get yours reprofiled please weigh the barrel before and after and also let us know difference in feel.  If I were getting it done on my 24"  I'd also cut it back to 21"  (why 21 instead of 20? like in Spinal Tap, where the volume went to 11 which is better then 10)

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top