Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2013 4:40:59 PM EST
is there such an animal as over sized fsb taper pins? i've got a slightly canted to the right front sight and it makes me shitty every time i look at it. re-reaming the bbl/fsb would be a piece of cake on a bridgeport. and i guess i could go buy some taper pins from mcs or wherever and trim to length.

i just figured somebody out there might already make pins just for this application. would be less hassle if there were. i have reamers on the way for another project anyway, figured now would be a good time to deal w/this.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:53:30 PM EST
get it clamped up and plunge cut with a 1/8 endmill......a long carbide isn't that expensive from wholesale tools......less than $10 bucks, and then just pin with a spring pin...I have done it before for a customer with no issues....
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:03:19 AM EST
Roll pin eh? That probably will never happen. I think I'm just going to trim down some long taper pins. This upper is getting painted, so it will look legit and I don't care if they are parkerized or not.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:45:52 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:02:49 PM EST
One Google search and....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/824299/dpms-front-sight-base-taper-pin-oversize-ar-15-lr-308-matte
View Quote

i went ahead and ordered those. they are too long. probably why they are listed as 308 pins. the pins i was going to order are 2" long, so i would have ended up at the same place, ie trimming by hand. not really the drop in solution i had hoped for but these will work just fine. after captain krylon does his thing it will all be good.
Top Top