Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2013 10:30:09 AM EDT
Hello all....  I am in the process of building a 10.5 pistol.  I need a buffer tube.  I was going to use my spare mil. spec. carbine length tube and glue on foam or para cord.  However, I also found complete sets by phase 5 and an amazon seller guntec usa.  They look very similar.  I know many of you have phase 5, but I have not found any reviews on Guntec's product.  It does say made in the USA, which is great.  Here are the pics.
Guntec

Thank you for reading my post.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my 300blk pistol. Worked great and not a single problem.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe the Phase 5 comes with a standard buffer, but you may want a H1 or H2 instead for your short upper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the quick reply.  That is great news, since I have found a full set for $57 delivered.  So the standard car buffer will not work?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the quick reply.  That is great news, since I have found a full set for $57 delivered.  So the standard car buffer will not work?
View Quote

It should, but if you have trouble extracting, or if it starts trying to rip the lip off of cases, you'll want to go with a heavier buffer.  It can also significantly reduce perceived recoil.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't remember my Phase 5 coming with a buffer or spring. There might be a kit that has all of that, so check what you're buying before you order it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't remember my Phase 5 coming with a buffer or spring. There might be a kit that has all of that, so check what you're buying before you order it.
View Quote

If you order direct from Phase 5 you can get a complete kit or just the tube. I never had a problem with the kit I got from them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I installed the buffer tube set.  Fit and finish is fine.  It went onto my PSA lower without any issues.  I have not seen Phase 5 buffer tube set in person, so it is difficult for me to compare the two models.  Overall, I feel good about the purchase.  I did save some money compared to Phase 5 set.  I will try to post some pics on my pistol build when I can get my phone repaired.
Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top