Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2005 8:00:18 AM EDT
I see ads for an add-on product for AR-15's called an accu wedge.

Is there any real need/benefit to using one of these wedges or is this just a sales come-on ?

Does the brand of AR-15 have anything to do with the need of having one of these wedges ?

I have a Armalite carbine.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The accu-wedge has nothing to do with accuracy despite its misleading name. It puts a rubber wedge between your upper and lower. If there is a lot of play between your upper and lower it will tighten it up. Keep in mind that this in itself, doesnt do anything except make people feel better. That being said, I do have one in a gun that has a lot of play between the upper and lower. And yeah, it does make me feel better

well said!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#3]
+1

I have one in one of my rifles because it has a slight play between the upper and lower.

It doesn't do anything about improving accuracy, it just make the gun feel more solid.

I got mine for free when I bought an upper half. On my other carbine which is another brand, it have no play at all so it don't get an Accuwedge.

The Accuwedge will fit any brand AR but some might need slight trimming so the fit won't be too tight. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My Colt HBar came with one in it from the factory.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
here's my thoughts on it
a tighter fit allows for a more stable shooting platform, play in between the upper and lower can cause wobble, regardless of how little it may be, which can disturb sight picture and sight alignment, good trigger control is more difficult when you feel this wobble. won't make the rifle more accurate but i believe it will allow you to shoot more accurate when used on a loose upper/lower.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one in my OLD issued M-16 to fix the wobble and from the rear take down pin from working itself out while on duty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 G_MAN
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Do some guns, specifically LMT have a higher shelf in the lower? I recall trying to put one in & having problems with it fitting. I'll have to go back & look again.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do some guns, specifically LMT have a higher shelf in the lower? I recall trying to put one in & having problems with it fitting. I'll have to go back & look again.

Your think of RRA lowers, you cannot use the accu-wedge in them due to the higher shelf ya mentioned.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes LMT has a high shelf.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
+1 LMT has a high shelf.

The Accuwedge could still be used on the LMT if the bottom is trimmed as required with a hobby knife.

My LMT Defender 2000 doesn't need the Accuwedge for now.

My Colt LE 6721 and Match Target HBAR have low shelves and I'm using it on both.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I once had a wobbly lower reciever, had to trim the accuwedge to fit.

I'll tell you this however, if you have a wobbly lower reciever, I'd use an accuwedge over those tensioning pins anyday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top