Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:11:32 PM EDT
Quick question I'm hoping someone can answer.  Do the KAC rail covers play any role in holding the top and bottom halves of the rail together?  Essentially, I'm wondering if the KAC RAS rail be used without the rail covers, and instead used with rail ladders.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You do not need the covers to hold the system together.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks ridewaves
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 What the other member said.

Instead of using ladder rail covers I would recommend the Magpul XTM two piece rail covers which cost less than the ladder type and it gives more damage protection to your rails, specially the lower and side rails.

The ladder rail covers doesn't protect the rails much from heavy impacts.

I use the XTM panels on my lower and side rails of my KAC M4 RAS and I'm very satisfied with it, if you're changing the setup of your rails you don't have to remove the whole panel cover and the rail accessory, just attach the short panels anywhere on the rails.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top