Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 10:30:48 AM EDT
so......how hard is it to get the paint off a bushmaster without harming the factory finish....is it a real pain in the ass to remove the paint if you decide at some point you don't like it?????

or maybe what i should say is.......are there any coatings out there that can be applied and removed easily when you decide you don't like it anymore or you want to change the pattern without laying it over the old one??????  

thanks guys, riggs
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Bowflage (sp?) is designed to be easily removed.  It is available from most hunting supply stores and since it's made for doing camo it comes in all the right colors.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
does it go on nicely?????  let me run a search here at AR15 and see what i come up with on blowflage :)  thanks for the info!!!   later, riggs
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It will last well on your gun. The only place that I noticed wear on the guns it's on of mine are in the areas where you grip them.

When I cleaned the desert paint off my carbine it was secure enough on the gun that I wound up using a pressure washer and then some solvent with 000 or so steel wool (very light pressure) the finish wasn't harmed at all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:13:45 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks so much for the help guys....i'm gonna snag  some bowflage and try it out on some metal sheet......then we'll see how i do with the rifle :)     later, riggs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top