Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/7/2003 10:43:36 PM EDT
hi,

i'm relatively new to the sport. what is "bump firing"? i hear about it every once in a while, that it's supposed to mimic full-auto firing, but am curious to know more about it. also, is it bad to do to your rifle?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:49:10 PM EDT
hold fore arm of rifle with off hand. Put finger through trigger guard and DONT MOVE IT. Press forward slowly on the forearm. As the gun fires it will recoil but since you are continuously pulling forward on the forearm it keeps coming forward. Each shot moves the rifle back and restes the trigger and it immediately goes off again becaue you pull the rifle forward. Its a very delicate art of feel and if done right you shoot real fast. Its not worse on your gun than full auto. Just dont over heat the gun with multiple magazines in a row without letting it cool once in a while.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:15:46 AM EDT
Is it accurate or are your shots all over the place?
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:19:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By spork: Is it accurate or are your shots all over the place?
View Quote
It you consider 30' groups at 100 yards accurate, then it is accurate.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:07:42 AM EDT
Bump firing is purely for fun, and the cool factor, for all of us poor folks who can't afford 10K for a full auto toy, or live somewhere that's impossible to get the CLEO signoff. I've never tried any of my ARs, but my SAR 1 would bump really well. It's fun for a mag or two, but make sure you have a real good backstop when you try it [:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:39:03 AM EDT
Most people have to fire from the hip to do t and the shots are all over. Its just for fun as already stated.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:50:14 AM EDT
Top Top