Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 3:06:07 PM EDT
so the original magazine the kit came with caused constant jams and ftf. i bought two black dog magazines and they feed great but the stupid top of the feed lips are cracking off and won't hold down the rounds. this only after about 400 to 500 rounds between the two of them. i left one with 10 rounds in it and when i picked it up from the safe it sprayed all ten out at me. so i looked at the other magazine and the lips are cracking as well. i guess storing it loaded was a bad idea. does somebody make a reliable .22 conversion magazine in something other than plastic? what are you guys using? and has anybody had their black dog magazine lips crack off? was gonna email them and ask for some love. if i get none, so be it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:50:29 PM EDT
Kevin atBlack Dog will take care of you. Just give them a call.
You do know you cannot use cleaners on the BDM mags, right?
Dave N
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:50:42 PM EDT
Tell Black Dog Machine that your feed lips cracked and they should enable you to get replacements FOC.
Currently, we have no magazines with steel feed lips but they are on the horizon... In a few months... Until
then, we're all waiting....

Kevin's in Alaska so you'll have to talk with whoever answers for Customer Service...

Good Luck,
Dave / Spec

PS: Hey Dave North...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:52:01 PM EDT
And waiting, and waiting, and waiting..............................................................
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:21:27 PM EDT
ok, glad to hear i'm not the only one to have this occur.and nope, never cleaned them with anything. i'm not mad, just a little bummed it happened so quick. plastic is plastic and won't stand up to wear forever, but 6 months/250 rounds apiece and then failure is a bit premature. maybe they should call magpul and see where they get the stuff p-mags are made of?....i'll contact them in the next few days. thanks for the prompt responses.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:36:37 PM EDT
I thought BDM had steel lip version along with an all aluminum mag.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:16:44 PM EDT
Quoted:
I thought BDM had steel lip version along with an all aluminum mag.

just went to the website.....derp! well , that answered my question. sure enough they have 3rd. gen mags with steel feed lips. and the billet ones are purdy but too much money.only problem now is i'm in california and all i'm seeing is the large capacity mags. need  ten rounders ( and to move!) when i call, i'll ask if 10 round gen. 3 versions are on the way. maybe i'll just sell my conversion and buy a damned 10/22...
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:46:22 AM EDT
BDM's Gen III Mags had some problems during testing. I know there was some rework being done,
Don't know if they are actually available to buy right now . Kevin said he was going to send me magazines
a few weeks ago but I haven't seen them yet. CMMG is also pursuing new magazines with metal feed
lips but we're awaiting them and have been for some time...

My general experience with standard BDM or CMMG Mags has been 10,000 rounds or more before the
feed lips break down to a point of becoming useless. Both companies have replaced the mags, even then.
You may have gotten a bad lot of plastic...
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:01:01 AM EDT
well, i got an email back from kayla and it's all good. i'm going to send them back and she said she could get me some replacements. very cool, but i'm going to keep my eyes open for the metal feed lip versions when they become available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top