Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2011 12:07:08 AM EDT
Anyone know where to find high quality pink AR parts?  Specifically a hand grip, collapsable stock and rail covers.

I looked at pictures of the Tapco stuff and it looked pretty cheap.  I'm looking for quality add ons.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
try these guys  if they don't have it stock they can probably set you up with a dealer who handles their stuff.  good luck and welcome to the board.

oops great minds think alike
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Duracoating the parts you have or the exact parts you want. They have at least two pinks and it holds up well.

CAV PINK

COMMIE PINK
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone know where to find high quality pink AR parts?  Specifically a hand grip, collapsable stock and rail covers.

I looked at pictures of the Tapco stuff and it looked pretty cheap.  I'm looking for quality add ons.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The only problem with the stuff like from Calvary is that it's all sold in a kit.  I haven't found anywhere that sells them by the piece yet.  I have a Troy Ind free float battle rail attached so I have no need for the pink handguard.  I thought about painting what I have but I really want the ability to replace my parts back to the original black if I want to.  If I do the dura-coat then I have to not only buy the parts I need but also the coating system which equals out to more money, in my case, than it would cost to find parts that already pink. I know I saw somewhere that sold pieces individually but I just can't find it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
thread hijack for pink AR's

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife built a Pink AR while I built a green A1, a nice date nite! She used the cavarms set for $140. I saw the tapco stuff and might get the VFG with an addon rail section to go under the M4 handguards she has. The tapco rail system looks like crap. Also a pink mag of course.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Sent an Email to PCF to ask about their pink AR parts since their website doesn't offer any info or sales.  My only concern is that looking at the photo of their pink AR furniture they look suspiciously like the cheapo Tapco stuff.  Hopefully it's not a case of rebranding and reselling under their name.

P.S.  Thanks for all the great info so far guys!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe someone nice can Duracoat it for you if you get the duracoat.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Hydro dip

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#12]
The problem is that I don't want to turn the parts I have pink because, I know it's silly, but I love my Colt and I don't want to paint or coat it's parts.  So, I need to find quality parts that are already pink or I have to buy additional black parts and have them coated/painted pink which is an added expense of buying not only the parts but the duracoat stuff.  It's cheaper for me (in theory) just to find some quality parts that were manufactured pink and pay one price.  

I did get a response from PCF and their pink furniture ARE made by Tapco for the them although, obviously, they don't think the quality of Tapco parts are in question.  Which is ok, I didn't expect them to.  But, this leads me back on the search for pre-made pink AR furniture that is, in my opinion, worth putting on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
The Tapco stuff isn't that bad actually...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish MagPul would put out that pink PMag they talked about a long time ago.

Actually, I'd love to see em' run a big batch of pink stocks, grips, and rail covers to go with the PMags and sell them as a kit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Did you try asking Cavarms if they will sell components separately?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wish MagPul would put out that pink PMag they talked about a long time ago.

Actually, I'd love to see em' run a big batch of pink stocks, grips, and rail covers to go with the PMags and sell them as a kit.

I'm surprised one of the big retailers hasn't contracted with Magpul for a special run of pink, kinda like LaRue does with UDE.  Probably because no one wants to commit to buying 500, 1,000, or however many Magpul would require.  The other possibility is that Magpul may not want to portray themselves as 'gimmicky' or something by selling pink parts.  

A MOE kit with a Pmag or two in pink would be pretty cool.  I'd get one for my daughter.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, I sent an Email to Cavarms sales person and asked about selling pink parts individual of the package but no response back so far :(
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]
That pink camo is way cool.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#19]

That's pretty sweet.

What's hydro dip?  Who does it?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's pretty sweet.

What's hydro dip?  Who does it?

Just google hydro dip.  That'll tell you more than I could.  Tons of companies doing it.  Basically a patterned die is transferred onto a painted surface by dipping the item in water with the die floating on top.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#21]

How much did that job cost?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Ok Ill ask it, How did you get a pink Lower?

Why not get a pink upper and make it all pink?

I want one in a cool color  not pink mind you but colored....
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:52:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ok Ill ask it, How did you get a pink Lower?

Why not get a pink upper and make it all pink?

I want one in a cool color  not pink mind you but colored....

Cav Arms made lowers in various colors:

Unfortunately, they did not make any uppers, only furniture.  You can, however, order custom anodized receiver sets from Sun Devil:

Be advised that they are expensive and take about 3 months.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Ugh...got info back from Cavarms but they want $20 for the pistol grip and $70!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the telestock...I almost poo'd myself....and that was without the buffer spring and all that.  WTF? Most telestocks WITH the buffer springs and stuff are under $40.  Cavarms has bumped their heads if they think that pink telestock bare is worth $70.   Oh well...the search continues.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

How much did that job cost?

~$250

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the link, I'll check that out
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top