Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:30:11 PM EDT
after looking for a pre or post ban colt 9mm car-15, i believe i am looking at aftermarket kits such as ASA or other offerings due to the prohivitive cost of a colt.  i like the centered magazine like the colt and ASA seems to be the only offering with that option.  does anyone know howe the kits/rifles shoot.  i can build the kit but i dont want to invest about 750.00 on a piece of junk.   what type of mags do they use?? do the kits and rifles come with mags and the adapters??  also, noted on their site that their pdf catalog looks alot like the model one sales pdf catalog.  is this coincidence or are they a partner of model one or am i a conspiracy nut?? don't answer that one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't bother dealing with the bastards at ASA. Most of their small parts are Chinese and they have horrible customer service.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
just got off the phone with rachelle at asa and asked about chinese parts.  flatly denied by rachelle on the phone that they use chinese parts.  claimed everything was us made.  i would like more feedback on this before i buy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a thread with some of the legal trouble ASA is in. I'll bet they deny all of it too. Yes, they are Chinese parts and their handguards are made in Chinese molds. That's why they rarely match. These guys burned me and a bunch of other locals so we avoid them like the plague. You can't give away an ASA at a Phoenix gunshow.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=163502&w=myTopicPop[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's a thread with some of the legal trouble ASA is in.
[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=163502&w=myTopicPop[/url]
View Quote

We're stuck in a time warp.....

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I bough a CAV15 lower with an ASA 9mm upper from Castle Arms a while ago; finally I have located a set of 4 magazines that are going to Kurt for proper notching. The upper seems to be well build and it will shoot straight (my guess). I will borrow a digital camera and post some pictures of the internals for you to see, I have not shot the gun yet.

BR
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Know of 2 early barrels that were total crap.  One was off center and the other refuse to run full auto.  Owners traded them in disgust for real Colt uppers and the chrome lined barrels.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had 4 ASA 9mm uppers & had good luck with them.All have been very accurate & run fine. I sold 2 of them & 1 went on a m16 & works great.I bought a M4 223 upper from them that was PURE JUNK. I sent it back 3 times & they never did get it to feed.I traded it back to them for a 9mm upper. My 2 uppers have about 5000 rds. each shot in them with no problems.There service REALY SUCKS!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks.  i am torn between rock river arms and asa.  can't afford a colt.  missed out on one in 1986/87 when they were about 400.00.  i hate olys!!!!  had one that liked to fire full auto after the trigger was released.  sheared the buffer retainer right off.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top