Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2003 5:55:59 PM EDT
whats the scoop on the purple bushy lowers were these their first runs? couldnt they tell they were purple? are they on pre bans, post bans or both
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, many botched finishes don't come off the line as a certified Barney accessory. There are telltale signs initially however. As time progresses the purple becomes more and more visable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, they are the result of running excessive quantities of parts through the dye. In the early days they "pushed the envelope". They soon learned the error of their ways.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]
For what it's worth, when I bought a Bushie lower assy about a year and a half ago, i didn't notice any purple in the color--until I put a Rock River upper on it. At that point, under a strong light, I could see a slight purplish tinge to it.

For the hell of it, I washed the lower down with lacquer thinner, and some purple tinged residue came off on the rag. It still looks a tad purple under a strong light, with the jet black RR upper, but not nearly so noticable a difference as before[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top