Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2004 1:17:57 PM EST
i have a rock river 9mm upper and a rock river lower. im having problems putting them together the upper seems to catch on something on the lower and makes it really hard to close but this upper works fine on my bushmaster lower did anyone else have this problem and buddy know of a good fix? the upper is used and the lower is brand new.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:35:58 PM EST
Lookat the rear lug on the upper, measrue the height, and measure the "shelf depth" in the lower where the lug would reside when lower closed.

I have heard that the RRA shelf sits a bit high, so some other suppliers of upper' will not close on RRA lowers. 2 ways to close your rifle;

1- cut bottom off the rear lug a little bit

2- have the shelf cut buy a machine shop so it is flush with top of selector shaft.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:45:27 PM EST
if i close it and squeeze like im trying to kill it and use something to tap the pin in it closes do you think it will eventually wear itself down
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:56:53 PM EST
Use some of the tension to your advantage, as in the upper will not rattle on the lower, no need for 1 of them wedges then. My Oly requies a mild grip, and the push the pin out at the rear.

You can work the hole on the upper' lug with a file, just don't file the hole in the lower.
Top Top