Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/10/2009 10:49:51 AM EDT
just wanted to know if anyone has used this and your opinion of it for hunting predators and punching paper. thanks
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
what. nobody?
Link Posted: 12/10/2009 2:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The link at the top of the page says for my 1x12 twist AR, 55gr bonded soft points are choice for home defense.
Privi wasn't one of the two suggestions, but it might be good for it.
I'd like to know more too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I've only punched paper with it but for some unknown reason, my 16" preferrs this stuff over any of my handloads.  It functions perfectly.

MLG
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The link at the top of the page says for my 1x12 twist AR, 55gr bonded soft points are choice for home defense.
Privi wasn't one of the two suggestions, but it might be good for it.
I'd like to know more too.

This PRVI ammo, of course, does not use a 'bonded' soft point bullet, but I've fired enough of these and other 55-grain soft points to know that they work extremely well on anything up to the size of a large coyote, and I would expect that they would do fine (though not necessarily a top-tier choice) for self-defense.

I have quite a bit of this same ammo in my stash and function-wise, it has been 100%. Accuracy has been slightly worse than what I get with Ultramax 55-grain soft points (my go-to factory round) and my handloads. Still, though, the accuracy was more than acceptable and I would not hesitate to buy more of this. I've never regretted buying any PRVI ammo, by the way.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They sell the Privi 55 Soft Point here under the Monarch label at a local sporting goods chain. Ive used quite a bit of it in several rifle, and it always functioed well, fired acceptable groups, and out of a 20 inch A4 a double tap dropped a hog clean. I would give it a thumbs up.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top