Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/11/2004 4:41:23 AM EDT
since I am not an expert on pricing 'built' rifles I thought I'd float this to see if someone else was.
1) would this qualify as an all colt offering?
2) would this stand up next to a colt 6970
3) or would this be an obvious knock off

I am one who cannot believe for a minute that in a "cut your throat out" election year- Bush (who has already said he wants the AWB to stand) will sign any bill that is seen by the average american- as arming people with machine guns.....

so I think that is one wants a genuine pre-ban style M4, he has to pay for it, and soemtimes pay handsomely for it

Pre-Ban Colt M4A1 Heavy Barrel Carbines (semi-auto)

Using Colt pre-ban Sporter Match HBAR lower receiver with 0.312 pivot pin and 0.170 hammer/trigger pin configuration—factory pinned steel sear block. The receiver will be powder coated in black over the original Colt US Mil-Spec hard anodizing to match current production military parts.

FEATURES: All Colt Parts

M4A1 Heavy Barrel (16 inch, LE6920HB, special contour)
M4 double heat shield handguards
M4 side sling mount
M4 upper receiver with M1913 rail and T-numbered slots
Removable carry handle assy
Factory 0.250/0.312 upper rec-lower rec screw assy (pivot pin)
Hammer machined to low-mass configuration with (light weight) blue hammer spring (CR6724 phosphate finish)
Reliability Package
M4/M4A1 buttstock assy, 4 position (type 2), (some type 1 available)
Colt pre-ban 30 rd magazine, enhanced
Colt M4 manual, sling, cleaning kit
Colt box
$2295

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
sorry...................$ 2,195
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, Bush doesn't have to sign a bill that does away with the AWB, the existing legislation dies by itself unless renewed by the Congress.  Bush said he'd sign a new one, but he knows the House leadership has said "no way".  

So far, the chances don't look good for that...even though Feinswine will try, I don't know that the other Dems have the stomach for it.  AND, DeLay has said repeatedly that it won't be allowed to come up in the House between now and November, regardless of what the Senate does.

Things can change, but I personally wouldn't be spending this kind of money on a rifle the *could* be worth 1/2 of what you paid for it overnight right now.  How pissed will you be if you can buy the same rifle for $1000 on September 15?  

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
As Fenian stated, there doesn't have to be a new law for the AWB to go away. I am still planning on the ban going away so I definitely wouldn't buy any overpriced rifles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me see!  Old rifle, used rifle, in three months there won't be pre-post-lost-ban rifles anymore therefore, I would say its WAY overprised.

also its a colt  I don't like colt.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

also its a colt  I don't like colt.

What's the logic there?  I can understand someone who feels that other brands are equal to Colt.(Totally WRONG, but I can see how the myth would exsist)  But how can you not like Colt?

Is it the sear block or pin size issue?  Or did you get stuck with an Oly and are in a Misery loves company mindset?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top