Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2003 11:34:29 AM EDT
There is a Colt SP-1 on consignment at a local pawn shop for $1500.00. It has the 14.5" lightweight barrel, A-1 FH, CAR stock and a genuine Colt scope. It looks used but very good for it's age. What does everyone think?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds about right, but always haggle!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
14.5 inch barrel?  I don't think so; at least not if it's original.  The SP1 carbines had a 16 inch barrel, plus the length of the flash suppressor. The early AR carbines made for foreign countries (Israel for example) had 14.5 inch barrels; not the SP1 jobs.  That would make the piece illegal for civilian sale.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I comes to a little over 17" overall with the FH. I went ahead and bought it and then I compared it to my post-ban Bushmaster M4 so there is nothing illegal about it. I mistated the length. Serial number is in the 52xxx range circa 1976. IT has an original Colt 3X20 scope and 3 position CAR stock (closed, extended, and fully extended). It's all original.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top