Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 12:43:25 PM EDT
including bolt ,charging handle. whats it worth new? used?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
No such animal that I'm aware of.  Colt has the contract on the M4, and the last I heard (and I'm not an expert on this) FN doesn't make an M4.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are you getting an FN upper from? Correct me if I'm wrong, but they aren't allowed to sell to civilians, so it must either be a factory reject, or something obtained illegally.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No such animal that I'm aware of.  Colt has the contract on the M4, and the last I heard (and I'm not an expert on this) FN doesn't make an M4.

Beat me to it.

USMC', is this a military upper that's had an M-4 BBL put on it or an after-market set-up?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Not possible
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:55:33 AM EDT
[#6]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/vilsk/Fun/upper.jpg

this is supposed to be it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't tell much from the photo, but what everyone has said is correct.

A true M4 upper can only come from Colt

Any FN part isn't from them.  It may be made by the same subcontractors, but FN isn't allowed to do civilian sales.  Hence, it's likely a part that was rejected for use by FN.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:07:42 AM EDT
[#8]
FN upper??  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Wish I could find the "Oh, no.  Not this shit again." picture, but here we go again.

That is likely not an FN upper, but FN parts DO find their way into the civlian market.  Having been in the military for a while, I have seen first hand how sloppy the .gov stock system can be, so I'm not surprised in the least that .gov exclusive parts find their way into the market.  I've had a gov't profile barrel marked "FNMI MP 5.56 NATO 1/7" and I presently have this A2 upper receiver, which is "F" marked and ARFCOM member wpnsman confirmed that it is an FN part.  I also have a bolt marked "MPF", another FN part.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
mongo, you don't state what the length is on the bbl, and through my sleep hazy eyes I may have missed it.  But I wasn't aware that FN made 16" bbls in the first place.  Makes no sense for them since they don't make the M4 as we are aware.  I like the FN thing (don't Fucking kNow where they came from).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
mongo, you don't state what the length is on the bbl, and through my sleep hazy eyes I may have missed it.  But I wasn't aware that FN made 16" bbls in the first place.  Makes no sense for them since they don't make the M4 as we are aware.  I like the FN thing (don't Fucking kNow where they came from).

Sorry, 20" gov't profile, just like on the M16A4s they supply to the gov't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Some FN uppers and A2 barrels have found their way into the civie market, probably as milsurp disposal pieces by Army disposal officers, as the M4 flat top units have become standard.  So there is no reason to suspect that  Mongo's piece is anything but perfectly OK.

M4 stuff by FN? Total and complete BS.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some FN uppers and A2 barrels have found their way into the civie market, probably as milsurp disposal pieces by Army disposal officers, as the M4 flat top units have become standard.  So there is no reason to suspect that  Mongo's piece is anything but perfectly OK.

That's what I figured.  But I wonder how or why they made it out.  The barrel I hadlooked like new inside and out.  No residue anywhere.  The receiver you see pictured above shows no wear inside or out also.  The bolt I have is used, but functions perfectly in a rifle I have it installed in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I figured.  But I wonder how or why they made it out.  The barrel I hadlooked like new inside and out.  No residue anywhere.  The receiver you see pictured above shows no wear inside or out also.  The bolt I have is used, but functions perfectly in a rifle I have it installed in.

A few years ago (3-4?) there were a bunch of M-16A2 kits that were imported from somewhere in south America.  They were a smokin' deal at the time because you got the whole kit (Less lower) for under $300 and alot of the guys that bought 'em around here said that some of them looked almost un-issued.

If I remember correctly they were FN guns.

We had guys here buying them and selling just the uppers for what they paid for the whole kit and keeping the BCCH, lower parts and butt-stocks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wish I could find the "Oh, no.  Not this shit again." picture, but here we go again.

That is likely not an FN upper, but FN parts DO find their way into the civlian market.  Having been in the military for a while, I have seen first hand how sloppy the .gov stock system can be, so I'm not surprised in the least that .gov exclusive parts find their way into the market.  I've had a gov't profile barrel marked "FNMI MP 5.56 NATO 1/7" and I presently have this A2 upper receiver, which is "F" marked and ARFCOM member wpnsman confirmed that it is an FN part.  I also have a bolt marked "MPF", another FN part.

www.hunt101.com/img/181352.JPG

You mean?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#16]
so what is a ball park figure on what the upper in the pic is worth/including the mepro M21
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top