User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 8:55:38 PM EDT
Any idea? What would you pay.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
See them all the time for $650. I bought mine for $375, long, long ago. Right now I am taking a wait and see approach, see if the law sunsets or not. Love the upper.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Value of a Beta C magazine?

Dropping fast....
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There isn't a magazine on the face of this earth worth what they want you to pay.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would not pay more than $350. New ones go for $230, and I am in the camp that believes that barring any major school shootings, etc., the ban is not going to be renewed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]
about 4 or 5 years ago I bought a few (4) from Ruben for 385. then he didn't have anymore, when he did it went up to 489......now he is out of stock, so I figure they will go up 589 if he does get them.  

http://www.dealernfa.com/
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I would not pay more than $350. New ones go for $230,
View Quote

yeah if you're LEO, and buy it on letterhead, they are 230......but for regular folks, you can't even look at one for 230.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

yeah if you're LEO, and buy it on letterhead, they are 230......but for regular folks, you can't even look at one for 230.
View Quote

But considering that he (as I) think that a new ban won't be passed , thats probably what a new one will cost 10/04. I'd woulnd give more then $250 for one now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
not to jump in but why would you want one.
is it the cool factor?

personally i would rather have 10 good 30 round mags than get one.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

No I am not an LEO. I bought one like others, when they were priced around $369 from Bachman. as I said, I expect the ban to NOT be renewed. The $230 price is what I plan on paying for a few more on 9/14/04.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No I am not an LEO. I bought one like others, when they were priced around $369 from Bachman. as I said, I expect the ban to NOT be renewed. The $230 price is what I plan on paying for a few more on 9/14/04.
View Quote

well I hope your are right.......but given the history of gun laws in this country, I kinda figure it will be highly unlikely...ie. 1934 NFA, 68 GCA, and the 89 ban on assault weapons. and consider the 04 elections are coming up..well you get the point. still there might be the chance that it won't pass, as slim as it is.  

also consider this.....
bush already went on record as saying he won't veto the bill if it comes to him.

we don't have a strong group of pro-gun law makers, that fights, and bullies and pushes through pro-gun laws, or stops anti-gun laws.....  as hard as the anti-gun liberals do. most of them sit on the side lines, and don't really fight. there maybe a couple but the rest of them see voting on a pro-gun law as "political suicide"  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

well I hope your are right.......but given the history of gun laws in this country, I kinda figure it will be highly unlikely...ie. 1934 NFA, 68 GCA, and the 89 ban on assault weapons. and consider the 04 elections are coming up..well you get the point. still there might be the chance that it won't pass, as slim as it is.  

also consider this.....
bush already went on record as saying he won't veto the bill if it comes to him.
View Quote

But all those laws you mention do not have a built in sunset. This law WILL expire, and a new law WILL have to be passed for a ban to continue. The last time it barely passed, and this time we defiately have a way more pro-gun congress. And while the 86 FOPA DID ban MGs (in a sneaky last minute kinda thing). You used to have to have an FFL to order ammo , amoung other things the 86 FOPA did make things a litle better for us. So saying we never get anything back as far as rights is not 100% true.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

also consider this.....
View Quote

Bush is irrelevant. There are 435 House members, You need 218 to pass anything. I can count 230 members who would vote FOR a REPEAL if it came up right now. They do not have the votes to re-new it. It is easier to let it die than REPEAL, so that is what they will do. Just have to watch out for attachments or other parliament tricks, fence sitters, etc. We are in good position, but must keep the HEAT ON.

Here is some Beta Fun (6.5 MB )

http://renegade.tgtech.com/4fun/C-Mag.mpg
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:14:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
. And while the 86 FOPA DID ban MGs (in a sneaky last minute kinda thing). You used to have to have an FFL to order ammo , amoung other things the 86 FOPA did make things a litle better for us.
View Quote

I would vote to REPEAL FOPA86 in a second. I would like to be able to get M16A2 or M4 for $850, not to mention as nice Sig 552 for under $2000, or an SAWM249 for $5K.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#14]
AugMan AKA Ocean Container, has them on GunsAmerica.com for $900!! And he thinks it's a steal, just ask him. He said he has sold several at theat price when I mentioned how ridiculous it was. Either the buyers had more money than brains or were seriously ill-informed, if it's even true.

SorryOciffer
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top