Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/20/2003 2:05:55 PM EDT
I would like to find a 4 power scope for under $200. The gun store I goto (Denny Dennis in St Louis) said the most popular seller for the ar is a shotgun scope made by simmon's. They said the 5.5 inches of eye relief was good for the ar. At only $80 I am thinking of getting one. All the gun is used for is plinkin cans during the day.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:33:04 PM EDT
I had that same scope on a flattop... It worked great; it was clear, bright, and once zeroed, didn't budge. They may not be the most durable of scopes, but that's okay; just don't beat the hell out of it. Btw, the flip-up lens caps are size 4s, if you use Butler creek.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:09:22 PM EDT
I had an ATEC on my v-match carbine. Was a pretty decent scope and was under $200. Bushmaster had a good price on it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:18:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 6:26:51 AM EDT by Fenian]
I've got a Simmons 6x18 on the AR I shoot the most, and that scope has never given me a problem. It's clear, and it holds zero fine. I've noticed a BIG difference in quality between the under cheaper Simmons scopes, and the ones over $100, but that shotgun scope may be perfect for what you need. As a matter of fact, you had me thinking about one myself...'til I realized I just cut my carry handle sight down lol. BTW, SWFA has that scope for 73.95 (the Pro Diamond 4x, right?).
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:19:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:34:50 PM EDT
I have no problem paying more for a scope I just want to able to justify it. I probably shoot a 1000 rounds a year out of my AR ( on a good year). I am trying to find the best scope for my AR. I said a 4x because that is all I will ever really need. If there is a 3x-9x that is better I have no problem with that. Buying a scope is like buying a car. You can buy a Ferrari or a Mustang' but the Mustang can do all that most people will ever need.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:02:27 PM EDT
I just went through this same thing. After buying bargain scopes and spending big $$$ returning them, I finally bit the bullet and bought an IOR scope. Works well, built like a tank, seems more rugged than the Leupolds, and holds zero. Their M2 scope is 4x and is clear with illumination.
Top Top