Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
Any idea of where I can find one of these that I could actually buy? Not having luck finding a reputable vendor to purchase them through.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:27:59 PM EDT
Are you talking about a Russian PSO series? If so, try here: www.impactguns.com/store/russian_scopes.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:52:59 AM EDT
Right series, wrong options. A Belarus company makes a couple fixed-focus scopes for Weaver mounts, namely 4x24mm, 6x42mm and 8x42mm that are supposed to be extremely clear and reliable. I have found several reviews of them on the web, and a couple of websites advertising them, but those websites are either off-shore (and they want my CC#, right!) or they consist mainly of broken links when it comes to buying the scopes.

I have a certain amount of experience with these scopes overseas and was impressed. Think old-fashioned Weaver for quality, simplicity and robust construction, and old-fashioned Zeiss for optics clarity. I have not heard much at all about the more complex optics seen advertised in the link you provided.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:42:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2005 6:43:33 AM EDT by Fenian]
Ah...I remember *almost* getting a Belarus hunting style scope a few years ago. There was a site (I've long since lost the link) that had a US phone number, and I actually talked to some woman there.

Tantal has a pic. rail style 8x for sale, and I've seen the same kind of scope in a 6x somewhere else as well. These are not hunting style scopes, though...definitely big and clunky in a military way.

have you tried these guys?

www.shotplus.com/shop/home.php?cat=244
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:42:25 AM EDT
Good link, bad prices. Everything appears to be about $30 too high. Unless the folks advertising the low prices, yet don't have their stuff together on actually selling them have low prices for a reason?

Thanks,
Top Top