Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:53:26 PM EDT
mine broke and shot out and I lost it and the spring, bought a new one and spring but they wont stay in their little hole....how do I get them to stay?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The buffer tube, the long black thing that the stock slides onto, holds down the retaining pin and spring.  

1 Screw the buffer tube on until it's just behind the hold where the retain pins goes.  Don't cover the hold at all, just screw on the buffer tube until it's next to the hold.  
2 NOW, depress the retaining pin (be sure now to install the retaining pin spring in first) and continute to screw the buffer tube on until it is just able to hold the retaining pin down.  You don't want the buffer tube to interfere with the retain pins up/down movement.

That should do it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks buddy...I fixed it...you're a lifesaver
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top