Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:14:17 PM EDT
i have just got into the reacreational shooting scene and i have decided to get an ar-15. through all my research i have narrowed my choices down to either RRA or bushmaster. can you guys give me some input on which one you guys would go with and why. THANKS!
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i have just got into the reacreational shooting scene and i have decided to get an ar-15. through all my research i have narrowed my choices down to either RRA or bushmaster. can you guys give me some input on which one you guys would go with and why. THANKS!

Whichever one you can find the best price on.

They are both excellent choices.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I am preferential to RRA rifles because of their 2 stage trigger and 16" midlength gas system, but bushmaster makes a fine rifle as well.  What kind of AR are you wanting?(16",20", carbine, midlength, rifle?) You are literally in a win-win situation, no mattter which way you go.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
6 of one, half dozen of the other.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
My Bushmaster A3 carbine has functioned perfectly for me
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My Bushmaster A3 carbine has functioned perfectly for me

same. i have had no issue with my bushmaster, although i don't shoot it much these days. a friend has it right now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my two Bushmasters, I even have a third on order.  (If Bushmaster ever releases the darn thing)

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a RRA.  Find a local place where you can see both, buy whichever one you like best for whatever reason you decide on.  In the long run, it will not matter much.  They are both top notch manufactures.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
As already said.  Whichever you can get the lowest price on for what you want.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Either company makes great AR-15 rifles.  I went with RRA for my first AR-15 because of the great reviews I've heard here and at the local firing range.  The model I got was the Entry Tac because it is a M4gery and I liked the size of a carbine.  The next AR-15 I will be getting is...(drum roll, please)...a Bushmaster Modular Carbine with collapsable stock.  I'm already planning to upgrade the trigger to a two stage trigger and I have a EoTech optic sight on my desk waiting to be bolted on my new rifle.  Look at the different models from each company and do some research.  I hope you have fun finding the right AR-15 for yourself as I did.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Both are great-

I think if I wanted a chrome-lined barrel, I would choose Bushmaster

if I wanted a SS barrel, I would choose RRA(Wilson barrel)

Both companies have fine products ,and IMHO equal.

Link Posted: 8/16/2007 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
how did you narrow it down and not include Stag ? IMHO Stag is the best bang for the buck in a factory rifle. if you haven;t bought it yet you should go look at a Stag . if price is no object than a Colt 6920 would be my first choice in a factory rifle . but for the money you can't beat Stag unless you build it yourself.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top