Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 1:11:40 AM EDT
I'm building my frist flat top with a weaver syle gas block. I will also be using a four rail free floating hand guard.

My question is; does the ARMS #40A2 need a certian height front flip up to work right? I plan to mount the front flip up an the gas block. Please give me some advice for a front flip up sight that will work with the above ARMS flip up.

Please help with one more question . Do I have to worry about any clearance issues while folding the front sight if it's mounted on the gas block? I ask this because I have read that some flip up front sight's are advertised to be mounted on a rail at the handgurd, no mention being made to indicate if they can also be mounted on the gas block. Will they interfear with the hand guard rails when folded?

I have built and own many AR's but this is my first flat top / gas block combo. Sorry if this is no brainer. Educate me!

Thanks, S.G.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:16:44 AM EDT
I've got the ARMS 40L with a YHM flip up front that co witnesses with an EoTech perfectly. Email Rob and Krista at RBPrecision for questions.

rick

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:25:50 AM EDT
you have to find a front sight that is intended for mounting on the gas block.

yhm offers one that i know of and rra offers a fixed front sight to mount on the gas block.

get with brightflashlights in the industry forum
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
I just tried installing the YHM font sight on my weaver gas block (RRA varmint upper), and it does not work. The screw shank is too thick to fit in the weaver grooves. I might try the GG&G version next.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:11:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BoneDoc:
I just tried installing the YHM font sight on my weaver gas block (RRA varmint upper), and it does not work. The screw shank is too thick to fit in the weaver grooves. I might try the GG&G version next.

Good to know. Can you grind or file down the shank at the groove end and re blue?

Rick

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:00:05 AM EDT
Top Top