Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/6/2006 8:43:25 AM EDT
Whats the optimal placement of the Comp3ML and 3xMag?

How far should the eyepiece of the #3 be from my eye?

Should the 3x mag be so close to my eye that it is over the folded ARMs 40L? (BUIS wont flip up becaue its under the 3X)
or
should I move it just far enough forward so I can unfold the BUIS?

How much space should be between the 3X and the Comp3ml?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:00:37 AM EDT
The BUIS is not usable through the 3X so you should not worry about the 3X being on top of it. You should position the 3X so that it is comfortable to your normal cheek weld. The distance between the 3X and the ML3 is not important.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:10:45 AM EDT
thanks. I know I cant use the BUIS with the 3X but I find that its clumsy to open if I need it in a hurry so I thought it would best to keep it open. thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:35:43 AM EDT
The BUIS will seriously obstruct your view through the 3X, you should have faith in your optics and practice deploying that BUIS until you are more comfortable with it. In a situation where you would be using the 3X to engage targets and your primary optic goes down you will have time to deploy the BUIS.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:43:45 PM EDT
I thought that there was a mount for the 3X that allowed the user to to "roll" it to the side so you could use the iron sights. I think that I also say this for nightvision as well. I would go with a flipup iron sight and leave it on all the time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:48:23 PM EDT
its called the samson quick flip mount and I HIGHLY recommend it.
Top Top