Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 9:37:37 AM EDT
How is a preban worth anything more than anythign else now? I dont get it but I guess people are still buying them..

Does anybody see a point or it just a way to get more money out of people who don't know any better?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget there are several states with permanent bans that have individuals that still need them if they want the "evil" features. This may keep prices up to a degree. I don't plan to sell my preban, I've grown too fond of it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Some idiot is going to come by and think its special and snap it up. As much money as I lost with the sunset, its worse for the guys who make their living like this, esp. the poor SOBs in the mag business. they need to sell their stuff for top dollar right now, if they want more than they can get, the market will sort itself out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't forget there are sveral states with permanent bans that still need them.

I'm in PA, we don't have any state ban yet however i did see one that was in the works that was worse than anytwhing Kali could dream up.. Of course I don't think it got too far.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Some people also believe that there will always be a market for Pre-Ban weapons....no matter what they are what.... they are called....PRE BAN...so regarldess of what future legistation may or may not take place....they have their asses convered...which is why I have three pre bans and as much as I just asssume sell them to some poor sap in CT or MA....I'm not going to....unless of course the price just can't be beat... When Bush gets re-elected...I may re-think my current postion. I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Some people also believe that there will always be a market for Pre-Ban weapons....no matter what they are what.... they are called....PRE BAN...so regarldess of what future legistation may or may not take place....they have their asses convered...which is why I have three pre bans and as much as I just asssume sell them to some poor sap in CT or MA....I'm not going to....unless of course the price just can't be beat...hen

Those people aren't too bright.

Their asses will not be covered anymore than a person that purchases a 'no ban' today. If a ban is reinstated, it will outlaw ALL AWs (pre 1994 included) or if they use the same AWB as was passed in 1994 the new effective date for being a 'preban' will be the date the law goes into effect (2005, 2005, etc). The reason I say this is because to do anything else would force every gun owner who owns a no-ban to sell, turn in, destroy, etc their assault weapons, and that just ain't gonna pass into law.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top