Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/1/2002 11:39:30 AM EDT
does anyone know the size of the hex nut the holds in the pistol grip on my AR (RRA)

I want to take it off so I can put on a different grip.

Now, does anyone know where I can get a wrench for it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Plain old long allen wrench. Simplest is to go to Sear's Hardware, buy the long style set, std fractional size. Or you can hit one of the tool trucks that visits the auto repair shops, Snap-On, Mac, Matco, Cornwell.

If the head on the fastener has a screwdriver slot,,,,,use a screwdriver.

Edit: Because I forgot that some people use std screwdriver slot machine screws with their grip.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 2:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If I remember correctly, it's 3/16".  If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
Ace Hardware has a great red vinyl coated, handled t-shaped hex wrench that is excellent for this.   And to top it off the wrench is made in the USA.  eklindtool.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I want to take it off so I can put on a different grip.

remember when you do take it off,the safety detent and spring are held in place by the grip.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top