Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/1/2002 10:39:30 AM EST
does anyone know the size of the hex nut the holds in the pistol grip on my AR (RRA)

I want to take it off so I can put on a different grip.

Now, does anyone know where I can get a wrench for it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:41:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2002 11:43:36 AM EST by SBR7_11]
Plain old long allen wrench. Simplest is to go to Sear's Hardware, buy the long style set, std fractional size. Or you can hit one of the tool trucks that visits the auto repair shops, Snap-On, Mac, Matco, Cornwell.

If the head on the fastener has a screwdriver slot,,,,,use a screwdriver.

Edit: Because I forgot that some people use std screwdriver slot machine screws with their grip.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 1:10:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2002 1:23:01 PM EST by Lazyshooter]
If I remember correctly, it's 3/16". If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
Ace Hardware has a great red vinyl coated, handled t-shaped hex wrench that is excellent for this. And to top it off the wrench is made in the USA. eklindtool.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:19:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By -UHLEK-:

I want to take it off so I can put on a different grip.

remember when you do take it off,the safety detent and spring are held in place by the grip.
Top Top