Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 12:32:51 PM EST
Does any body have a detail picture of a LMT lower?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:07:45 PM EST
How's this:

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:18:10 PM EST
that looks nice. can the accept registerd dias?
where can i get one , how much are they? thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:21:22 PM EST

Originally Posted By BSOG1:

My understanding is they are ready to take an RDIAS. I have seen them go complete with 5 pos M4 stock in the EE for $350. New PWA, Lauer CW, and DSA lowers are made by LMT and are the same except for markings. LMT isnt selling many LMT marked lowers right now. They are rare.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:09:07 PM EST
Thanks, for the picture of LMT lower. I cant decide to get a LMT complete lower and LMT m-4 upper or just buy a Bushmaster m-4.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:11:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By supertrucker:
Thanks, for the picture of LMT lower. I cant decide to get a LMT complete lower and LMT m-4 upper or just buy a Bushmaster m-4.

Get the LMT, I did, and I sure like it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:45:58 PM EST
I don't have an LMT lower but I do have an upper, and a bushmaster upper that I got at the same time and I like the LMT one better, better finish I think got the m4 feed ramps and has the taller front sight designated for flat tops, Dont get me wrong they both shoot equally and I have not faced any problems with either about 500 rds a piece, but like i said I like Lmt's finish and besides they have an outstanding customer service, I bought the upper with no markings and I email Chip and send him my upper and he send me a bran new one with all the markings t#'s and lmt logo.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:04:26 PM EST
who did you ordr from ?what is there e-mail address?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:13:03 PM EST
Clarification: I now have read something that leads me to believe they require machine work to use an RDIAS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:22:33 PM EST
Who is a good source to buy LMT uppers and lowers?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:24:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

Originally Posted By BSOG1:

My understanding is they are ready to take an RDIAS. I have seen them go complete with 5 pos M4 stock in the EE for $350. New PWA, Lauer CW, and DSA lowers are made by LMT and are the same except for markings. LMT isnt selling many LMT marked lowers right now. They are rare.

I don't know about the RDAIS part? I don't think my PWA marked \LMT made lower would take one as it has the same high rear shelf as my RRA and EA lowers have. Let me put it this way... I was told they wouldn't but I seeing how I doubt I'll ever have 10K to blow on one, I haven't worried about it or check into it much.

If you want a LMT marked lower to go with your LMT upper (like me) be patient. They are a little hard to come by right now but I have a feeling that will end real soon. LMT is selling them and I know of at least one person on this forum that works for a FFL that just ordered himself one a couple of weeks ago and has already received it. (they now come without the stupid LEO markings)

There has already been a few make it to the EE. Once the current batch of PWA marked LMT made lowers disappears and some dealer here is smart enough to pick up that line of lowers, I think you will start seeing a lot of them.

No inside scoop, just my guess from all the stuff I've been reading about them. The catch is, my experience has been you have to be careful buying LMT parts. When they do it right, they do it very well but they do seem to have some QC issues and some bad stuff is getting out. Buyer Beware IYAM.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:25:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By AIRBORNE5697:
Who is a good source to buy LMT uppers and lowers?

dennysguns has lowers sometimes, and uppers, MSTN sells uppers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:37:31 PM EST
Thanks for information. What is IYAM?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:57:56 PM EST

Thanks for information. What is IYAM?

If You Ask Me
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:05:11 PM EST
It has a high shelf, so no RDIAS without milling.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:18:12 AM EST
What is RIAS ? Do I need it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:07:22 AM EST

Registered Drop In Auto Sear

Do you need it? Probably not. Do you want it? Probably so. But the question is can you afford it? Last thing I read said they go for around $8-10K so for most of us the answer is no.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:13:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2004 3:16:47 AM EST by newbushmaster]

RDIAS stands for Registered Drop In Auto Sear.

It is just that. It is a sear that with a serial number, registered with the BATFE. It installs in your rifle and converts it to full-auto. - Per BATFE rules.

Cost, $7,000+
Pass a BATFE specific background check, w/ fingerprints on file.. etc.

Do you need one, absolutely.

EDIT* - cgv69 beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:15:33 AM EST
It stands for Registered Drop In Auto Sear....

No you don't need one, unless you want to use full, auto, and or burst....

RDIAS's were origionaly a gimmick to get around the NFA, basicly it's a steel block with a pin through it, and an auto sear, normaly the Auto sear in an M-16 is attached in the same way as the other trigger parts are a hole is drilled through the side just above the selector and a pin holds it in place, it would go in that hollow space behind the hammer, unless you have a Colt then it would go right where the sear block is attached, but an RDIAS is just placed inside, or "dropped in", and the auto sear is attached to the RDIAS not the reciever, but the BATF caught on and said that the DIAS's (Drop in Auto Sear's....) were subject to the NFA and thus had to be registered as machineguns, hence RDIAS for REGISTERED Drop In Auto Sear....

RDIAS's are generaly cheaper than real M-16's but not by much, and have the benefit of being able to be moved from rifle to rifle, so essentually every AR-15 you own can be used as a real M-16 if you so choose, however the auto parts must be removed from the rifle as the sear is considered the registered part not the rifle, so in essence your removeing the machine gun from the rifle.... There are cheaper DIAS's on the market in the several hundred dollar range but there eighther so called "pre November" pieces which got in on a technicality so there legal to own but not to install in a rifle, so there basicly useless an expensive paperwight basicly, and the rest are BATF sting operations, theres really no way to tell which is which, so if you want a drop in auto sear you'de better get the registered kind yes your paying thousands of dollars more for the same exact part, but it's legal....
Top Top