Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 6:11:36 AM EDT
im new to the AR world.  I'm looking for a rail system for my AR,  what do you recomend?
I'm sure not all forearms are created equal. so what i guess im asking who make the best one.
its a weapon so i dont care about the money issue.   thanks for you help
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]

FAQ: The Big Thread On FF & Railed Forends  '

I chose the Yankee Hill customizable for my needs.  Very nice.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  for the info.  But what I'm looking for is in your opinions which one in the BEST.  Is it knights, surefire, YHM, or any others that are out there im looking for the BEST to buy.

Thanks

and remember im a newbee   if thats already not picked up on
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had your money, I'd buy the LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) Monolithic Upper (with forend, etc)

Do a search here. If you want the best, you should well have it.

Doc @ M&A Parts
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank You Doc!   i Just don't want to waist money on some junk forearm and wish i bought something else later on
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Best for what?

You already have my opinion.  Look at the picture.

For MY uses, the customizable Yankee Hill is the "best".  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Best is the LMT MRP - most stabil and allows for quick change of barrels.  Downsides are the cost and extra weight.

Next best would be the LaRue - very strong, good price, best design and decent weight.  Only downside is they are so popular they are tough to find.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
let me put in a good word for the knights system. it does not free float but also can be installed with only a allen key and is plenty stable enough for all practical purposes. I'm in the sandbox at the moment  and many of our rifles and m4's have the knights system and they are holding up well and we really beat the devil out of them
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank You all for the imput I took Grants advice and went with the laRue

Thanks Everyone
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top