I've found some pics on Militaryphotos.net, but was curious to see what the good group here has done. Considering putting together a A2'd M4 with co-witnessed red dot optics,a nd would like to see some of the groups and hear some comments of pros and cons.
I appreciate it
Gov't issue gooseneck mount
I don't mind it too much.
1) I get to keep my A2 upper ( I like the A2 on this rifle).
2) Puts the Aimpoint at a level where it lines up with my eye quickly.
3) Clears the M4 handguards.
4) The QRP mount returns to zero well for me, but some say that it doesn't for them.
1) About 90% of the weight of the optic and mounts are out in front of the magwell. This upsets the very nice balance the rifle previously had.
2) Big knob on the QRP can be a pain in the back (literally when slung across your back)
3) Puts the irons WAY too low in the scope tube to see easily.
The ideal situation would be to have the optic mounted on a flattop rail, but since I don't want to do that, I have to make do with this.
Would mounting an optic (say, Aimpoint) on SureFire's M73 rail be more effective on an A2 than using a gooseneck mount?
And for the aforementioned purpose, would an Aimpoint be better or an EoTech?