Warning

 

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2006 11:38:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 11:39:56 AM EDT by CrotalusCo]
well i was doing a little looking around and was just laughing too hard

shooting stance
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:39:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 11:40:01 AM EDT by Forest]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:42:34 AM EDT
you'd think from the video his carbine weighed 30 pounds

he needs to open up a kfc and sell his chicken wing too...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:47:57 AM EDT
Good grief. My back would hurt after that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:49:42 AM EDT
I was waiting for him to fall over.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:53:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I was waiting for him to fall over.



that's what I thought too...

I wonder if he thinks AR's are supposed to have that much felt recoil. Or maybe he's just an idiot
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:56:29 AM EDT

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:01:26 PM EDT
this one isnt much better

no back muscles
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:03:25 PM EDT
So does anyone else here lean into their weapon and keep it steady?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:04:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:05:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
So does anyone else here lean into their weapon and keep it steady?



is there any other way?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:07:16 PM EDT
wow.

i started watching it and at first i thought "thats not bad", then by the end i was turning my head to make sure i was really seeing that weird back angel
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:09:16 PM EDT
this one is a bit better

full auto
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:11:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one is a bit better

full auto



w00t
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bushwacker85:

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one is a bit better

full auto



w00t



Thats the right way!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:28:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one is a bit better

full auto




Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:28:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chris157c:

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
So does anyone else here lean into their weapon and keep it steady?



is there any other way?



I didn't think so but this thread is opening my eyes to a whole new way of holding a longarm.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:24:08 PM EDT
Now the guy with the full auto has his stance down. Notice the lack of muzzle climb. He bends at the lower Torso and has his elbows down. he lets all the recoil go down thru his shoulder into his legs and into the ground.

The guy in the first video has a horrible stance. Elbow up making a pocket (old school) and he starts with his upper torso already back off his center of gravity before he even fires.

Excellent demonstration of the right and wrong way to control your weapon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:09:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
well i was doing a little looking around and was just laughing too hard

shooting stance



haha, line up you mouse with his back before he shoots, and see how far into his chest it ends up...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:09:49 PM EDT
I'd probably put the buttstock further in on my chest. Where he has it now wouldn't work well while moving, especially with a plate rig and other stuff on the shoulders. He does have pretty good recoil management for standing still though.

Is that first guy doing the limbo or shooting?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:37:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one isnt much better

no back muscles



Umm is he shooting a Full Auto or is he bumping from the shoulder???
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:43:28 PM EDT
looks like FA to me


Originally Posted By edwin247:

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one isnt much better

no back muscles



Umm is he shooting a Full Auto or is he bumping from the shoulder???

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:52:03 PM EDT
That's the infamous Leanback Chicken Wing style
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:40:07 PM EDT
someone needs to edit that video to the track "Lean back" by fat joe
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 8:15:10 PM EDT by wyv3rn]
Oh yeah.. this guy is the grandmaster of them all!

Why palestinians throw rocks

Best Stance Ever!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:55:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBravo223:
looks like FA to me


Originally Posted By edwin247:

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one isnt much better

no back muscles



Umm is he shooting a Full Auto or is he bumping from the shoulder???



What?? He's just pulling the trigger fast. There's no way that's full auto. Compare it to the vid of the guy shooting the M16A1 carbine from CMMG and then you'll see.

Also, about the first vid...I was just waiting for the guy to fall over on his back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:57:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
this one is a bit better

full auto



Cool vid, but I gotta ask: How many of you go shooting wearing a TRENCH COAT?

Gene
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:02:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wyv3rn:
Oh yeah.. this guy is the grandmaster of them all!

clip.break.com/dnet/media/content/throwrocks.wmv

Best Stance Ever!




now that is some funny shit
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 7:58:34 PM EDT by J-RoDWI]

Originally Posted By JBravo223:
someone needs to edit that video to the track "Lean back" by fat joe



As requested! My first movie!

Sorry, I was really bored...

Can anyone host a movie for me?

Currently it is in Windows Movie Maker format, how can I convert it to WMV?

Thanks!

-Jared

Edited to add I am an idiot!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:59:36 PM EDT
It looks like he's playing a violin or something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:14:52 PM EDT
That's the "Pregnant Woman" stance, lean back and rest left arm on protuding tummy!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:30:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 8:44:55 PM EDT by DaveS]

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
That's the "Pregnant Woman" stance, lean back and rest left arm on protuding tummy!



That's more "RIGHT" than 90% know. Especially for a heavy rifle.

Wouldn't take shit to outshoot 99% of you. The other 1% know how to stand... pregnant like.

Just figurin' the odds.









This kid has it genetically [and has your asses beat, again, just figurin' the odds]:



Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:33:46 PM EDT
Wow, the perfect shooting stance if I ever saw one. Absoulutely terrible. Dude made the AR kick like a 30-06 or something.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:35:06 PM EDT
lol... needs another mag i wanna see him fall over..

and also i now have a fat joe song stuck in my head
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:43:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wyv3rn:
Oh yeah.. this guy is the grandmaster of them all!

Why palestinians throw rocks

Best Stance Ever!




what broke the glass?

is someone in the background yelling SHOOT! ATTACK! SHOOT!

and what the hell is he shooting?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:44:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By J-RoDWI:

Originally Posted By JBravo223:
someone needs to edit that video to the track "Lean back" by fat joe



As requested! My first movie!

Sorry, I was really bored...

Can anyone host a movie for me?

Currently it is in Windows Movie Maker format, how can I convert it to WMV?

Thanks!

-Jared

Edited to add I am an idiot!



where is it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 8:49:10 PM EDT by JBravo223]

Originally Posted By DaveS:

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
That's the "Pregnant Woman" stance, lean back and rest left arm on protuding tummy!



That's more "RIGHT" than 90% know. Especially for a heavy rifle.

Wouldn't take shit to outshoot 99% of you. The other 1% know how to stand... pregnant like.

Just figurin' the odds.

www.gun-tests.com/newspics/1_4/standingtip1.jpg

www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk/images/airgun04.jpg

www.gunsafety.org/krrcjuniors/Images/Offhand.gif

www.issfnews.com/Pictures/netbum/2004/wcfbangkok04/09_50m_Rifle_3_Positions_Men/IMG_7321.jpg

This kid has it genetically:

www.wbrpc.org/images/JrRifle/JRBVKyleStanding.jpg




maybe for "Olympic style" shooting but definitly not for SHTF shooting and rapid follow up shots...

standing like you show above does not allow you to naturally move while shooting... your asking to get picked off standing like that

besides... that guys stance looks nothing like the people in your pics... have another look...

his stance is not tight, stable, or controlled... i bet he didn't hit shit
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:51:52 PM EDT
funny
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:53:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JBravo223:

Originally Posted By DaveS:

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
That's the "Pregnant Woman" stance, lean back and rest left arm on protuding tummy!



That's more "RIGHT" than 90% know. Especially for a heavy rifle.

Wouldn't take shit to outshoot 99% of you. The other 1% know how to stand... pregnant like.

Just figurin' the odds.

www.gun-tests.com/newspics/1_4/standingtip1.jpg

www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org.uk/images/airgun04.jpg

www.gunsafety.org/krrcjuniors/Images/Offhand.gif

www.issfnews.com/Pictures/netbum/2004/wcfbangkok04/09_50m_Rifle_3_Positions_Men/IMG_7321.jpg

This kid has it genetically:

www.wbrpc.org/images/JrRifle/JRBVKyleStanding.jpg




maybe for "Olympic style" shooting but definitly not for SHTF shooting and rapid follow up shots...

standing like you show above does not allow you to naturally move while shooting... your asking to get picked off standing like that



He's shooting TARGETS, not STAGES or 3Gun or .............

I'm old, but it wasn't that long ago.... and Alzheimer's hasn't kicked in yet:



This old hound doesn't need to be taught how to suck eggs.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 8:58:49 PM EDT by kells81]

Originally Posted By wyv3rn:
Oh yeah.. this guy is the grandmaster of them all!

Why palestinians throw rocks

Best Stance Ever!




Man I wanna say thats a 10 guage and a little bitch, but it has rifle sights!! would be very interested to find out wehat that is!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:25:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kells81:
Man I wanna say thats a 10 guage and a little bitch, but it has rifle sights!! would be very interested to find out wehat that is!!



It's a .577 T-Rex. It nearly equals the .50BMG...but from a Safari grade rifle.


ouch, no matter who shoots it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:38:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:45:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrossOfStGeorge:

Originally Posted By kells81:
Man I wanna say thats a 10 guage and a little bitch, but it has rifle sights!! would be very interested to find out wehat that is!!



It's a .577 T-Rex. It nearly equals the .50BMG...but from a Safari grade rifle.


ouch, no matter who shoots it.



I think there are other videos, and nearly everyone get thrown on their ass by that or other insane safari guns that they where testing (its some place in UAE I think). When I first saw this video withou any context, I laughed at him as well untill I found out firing that monster is similar to trying to catch a 100lb football on your shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:56:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CrotalusCo:
well i was doing a little looking around and was just laughing too hard

shooting stance



I'm suprised he didn't tip over. What a DORK!!!!


Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:54:00 PM EDT
I'm with Sinistral on this.


My two most serious use rifles have M93 stocks and I set them a tad short so that it causes me to square off and lean into the rifle to shoot.


However, when I'm shooting one of my heavy assed rigs like my accurized squirrel rifle I go into a service rifle or olympic stance, long stock helps force that stance and it's one of the only ways to get your support arm to drop back and come into contact with your chest.


It's pretty gay looking when shooting my 15 pound accurized AR from a standing position but it gets the job done nicely, though my strong hand isn't chicken winging.

If you think that is funny, you should see me try to shoot my 40 pound ALS upper 50BMG rifle from the standing position, looks like I'm doing a fucking limbo dance trying to balance it out and manage to support that muzzle heavy son of a bitch.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:22:32 AM EDT
I think the rifle flew back and broke the glass on that clip, and yes the idiot in the beckground didnt help that situation. But even with the moster kick of that gun the guy wasnt handling it properly.


cases like these are exactly why we need competent shooters at ranges willing to give some advice to others. A little of your time goes a long way to helping shooting sports.

anyway i was bored yesterday so did some looking around, jeesh i hate when work slows down in the winter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:42:28 AM EDT
DaveS


That's more "RIGHT" than 90% know. Especially for a heavy rifle.

Wouldn't take shit to outshoot 99% of you. The other 1% know how to stand... pregnant like.

Just figurin' the odds.



Yea, for shooting Biathlon or any other shooting sport where you use a heavy shooting coat and your using a rifle that's long and heavy in the front end.
but it's the wrong stance for just about anything else.......

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 7:19:39 AM EDT by J-RoDWI]

Originally Posted By JBravo223:

Originally Posted By J-RoDWI:

Originally Posted By JBravo223:
someone needs to edit that video to the track "Lean back" by fat joe



As requested! My first movie!

Sorry, I was really bored...

Can anyone host a movie for me?

Currently it is in Windows Movie Maker format, how can I convert it to WMV?

Thanks!

-Jared

Edited to add I am an idiot!



where is it?



I am having problems getting it hosted.

For some reason it only uploaded half of it at putfile... Its pissing me off!

-Jared
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:14:15 AM EDT
Elbows IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes him look even more retarded.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:21:38 AM EDT
lol, I'd like anyone on this board to try and shoot that .577 T-Rex (which was shortened down and the brake removed) without flinching. Those guys actually have lots of videos of random people shooting that gun. Painful to say the least...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top