Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 6:22:32 AM EDT
HAS ANYONE EVER FOUND ANY PEQ-2A'S ON THE DRMO?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
you probably will not. other than the export restrictions (trust me GI's don't want to find that think mounted on a AK) there still to new, most are still under warranty and factory repaired/replaced at least they where when I got out of ARMY in FEB. 2002

If your not airborne your just another leg!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I WAS JUST WONDERING BECAUSE I HAVENT SEEN ANY AND I SEEM TO REMEMBER SEEING A POST ON HERE ABOUT SOMEBODY GETTING ONE FROM THE DRMO BUT COULDNT GET INSIGHT TO FIX IT.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the AN/PEQ2 is just too new to find yet. The older AN/PAQ4C and sometimes the B model can be found for sale with some looking. I did see one new AN/PEQ2 for sale about six months ago. That is the only one I have ever seen for sale and the asking price was $4800. I'm sure eventually they will become available.  A good AN/PAQ4C can cost from $1800-$4000 depending on its condition and assessories included. So, I'm sure the AN/PEQ2 if/when it ever becomes available on the second hand market will cost even more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
WELL I AM PROBABLY DREAMING BUT I COULD SWEAR THAT I SAW A POST ON HERE THAT SAID THEY HAD FOUND ONE AT THE DRMO BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MADE ME START LOOKING THERE FOR ONE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO BUT YOU PROBABLY RIGHT THAT I WONT FIND ONE.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
OK i am stupid. what is a DRMO? and how do they get them?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
THE DRMO IS DEFENSE REUTILIZATION AND MARKETING SERVICE, ACTUALLY IT IS DRMS. I THINK IT IS BROKEN OR USED MILITARY EQUIPMENT THAT THE MILITARY TURNS BACK IN AND IT GETS SOLD. DO A SEARCH FOR DRMO OR DRMS AND YOU WILL SEE IT.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
g.dog - 1968, I'm sure you two types would know better than anyone here but wouldn't those items be offered to the 'LEO' community - if they were available ??  [b](Or maybe you two are a part of the LEO community ??)[/b]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]
ANYBODY CAN BUY FROM THE DRMO BUT CERTAIN THINGS ARE DEMILITARIZED AND THE PEQ-2A IS ONE OF THEM. I THINK THEY USE A PUNCH AND BUST THE LASER. AS FAR AS LAW ENFORCEMENT, INSIGHT DOESNT BELIEVE THEY SHOULD HAVE THEM EITHER AND IF A LEO HAS ONE AND SENDS IT IN TO GET IT FIXED THEY WILL NOT RETURN IT.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Military and LEO can buy ANPAQ4's or AN/PEQ2's directly from Insight Technologies. They just won't sell them directly to civilians or return it if you tried to get one repared. However, both are perfectly legal on the second hand market. At least in my area. You will have to check your local/state laws, but I would bet they are legal. Like I said before I've never seen a used AN/PEQ2 for sale, so their probably too new for DRMO. The older AN/PAQ4 B or C models are a different matter. DRMO  doesn't disable the lasers in anyway. They are just sold off in the used/sometimes damaged condition. They can be found for sale with a little searching. Normally their is at least one for sale on Ebay.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top