Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 9:45:00 PM EDT
anyone else think about painting the top inch or two of a mag bright flourescent orange or something highly visible so they can find the suckers after running around shooting steel targets.

often i blow through 4 or 5 mags on a drill (im weird, sometimes i only load 4 or 5 rounds in a mag when shooting steel so that i can get used to reloading, it also is fun to load random numbers of rounds into mags so as to be surprised when i run dry, nothing like repetition for the mind) and it takes awhile to find them all after. I move a lot, shoot prone, kneeling standing etc.

its not like you would see the paint while they are in the weapon or on my vest . finding my mags is a pain because they are all painted camo tan and green to match my surroundings so i think this might help.

dont tell me to buy a dump pouch. lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
buy a dump pouch

Or use Orange Gen II Magpul followers.  Or paint the entire bottom half of the mag a loud color.  Use them for training so they give away your position when you're doing uber tactical stalks of your victims.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
yea but i dont want to run a dump pouch. drop the mag thats in the weapon, shove the next one home. simple.

but hey i dont really want to argue benefits of a dump pouch versus dropping mags on the ground.

this is just so i can find the mags after i shoot at the range. i dont want to change how i shoot or reload to make it easier to find mags when i can just paint the part that fits in the magwell orange.

real life situation i wouldnt care about finding the mags later because it would be over pretty fast and i dont carry stripper clips or loose ammo. i have many mags on my plate carrier so even if i perform a tactical reload im dropping the mag on the ground versus back in a pouch for later use.

finding my mags where i shoot though is a pain in the azz sometimes.

i guess i could mow.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the bright magpul followers somewhat of a dual purpose follower

i have the fist gen pink ones.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't want to paint them you could always run a band of bright DayGlo type duct tape around the bottom. If it doesn't work out just peel it off, no harm no foul.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
yea i might try that. i spend more time looking for the mags after running thru something than i do actually running thru it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top