Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
this thread might be helpful

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266355
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
U can buy a bushmaster made for california.  everythings all put together already.  i am not sure if it can be converted to a detach mag in the fture.  seems like your talking about buying a bushmaster upper and a lower receiver from somewhere else.  you can do that too.  

you will need

upper receiver (usually comes assembled shipped to your door)
lower receiver kit (need to assemble when you get the stripped lower receiver)
stripped lower receiver (you can buy from a couple places in so cal w/o going out of state and the ones they sell in state are legal because they are not banned yet)
fixed mag kit (need if you building your own ar.  state says it cann't be removable)
10 round mag

those parts above will give u a basic rifle.  you have other options such as scope mounting options etc.  have fun
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
whats going on people.... im from California, and i was looking at the Bushmaster Carbon 15 Califonia Model. I was wondering if it is possible for me to buy the California model with the fixed 10 round clip, then buy me a lower reciever from another place like somewhere in Las Vegas. Do you think it would fit if i changed it, or not??? i know its illegal to have a detachable clip for an assualt weapon in CA, but oh well. Or would it be best if I just move to a different state??? i am also considering alternatives guns such as the Socom 2 or the DSA SA58. Can you guys help me??[[[

Send  $500. to my account in Nigeria and I will give you the info.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
whats going on people.... im from California, and i was looking at the Bushmaster Carbon 15 Califonia Model. I was wondering if it is possible for me to buy the California model with the fixed 10 round clip, then buy me a lower reciever from another place like somewhere in Las Vegas. Do you think it would fit if i changed it, or not??? i know its illegal to have a detachable clip for an assualt weapon in CA, but oh well. Or would it be best if I just move to a different state??? i am also considering alternatives guns such as the Socom 2 or the DSA SA58. Can you guys help me??

They're called magazines not clips!

sorry for the rant,    but that has got to be my biggest pet peeve - when folks call magazines 'clips'
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would you want to commit a felony just to own a gun. It is people like you that 1) I enjoy arresting everyday, 2) give upstanding gun owners a bad name, 3) fuel our liberal DOJ with more ammunition to restrict us here in CA!

Go to www.calguns.net to figure out how you can legally own an AR15 here in CA, and please don't plan on fucking it up for the rest of us because you don't give a shit about the law.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Idiot - unless you mean you're going to move to another state.  If that's the case, wait till you actually move to another state  If you do this in California, you are a serious idiot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
If you decide to go the legal route, I'm sure you will have considerably more positive feedback  You will also find an AR15 to be quite enjoyable for recreational shooting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
ok ok. sorry for making everything so negative. but everyone is right, i should follow the laws here in CA. i guess i got carried away, and wasnt thinking. so i apologize to everyone.  Anyways, a friend of mine said that they are going to replace the AR with another gun, making it obsolete. Does anyone know if thats true? And if it is true, would it be best to wait for it to come out or should i still consider on purchasing an AR.

On another note, i own a 2 other guns but my parents dont know about it. Should i tell them about it and get my ass kicked, or just keep it a secret and wait till I move out???

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
If your waiting for the AR-15 "replacement", you might be waiting for a long time.

Regarding the parent problem.  How old are you? Do you live with them, etc?

Also, don't be surprised if you get bashed pretty hard here following the California law, AR-15 replacement, and lying to your parent issues.

I hate to be blunt, but perhaps you should sit and read this site for a while before posting such questions.

M.L.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If your waiting for the AR-15 "replacement", you might be waiting for a long time.

Regarding the parent problem.  How old are you? Do you live with them, etc?

Also, don't be surprised if you get bashed pretty hard here following the California law, AR-15 replacement, and lying to your parent issues.

I hate to be blunt, but perhaps you should sit and read this site for a while before posting such questions.

M.L.

and also mature a bit before you end up on the wrong side in court....grow up

you need to learn some resptect.  when i lived at home i followed my parents rules, that is the way it is.  they let me own guns but i had a curfew and obeyed it.  also talking about breaking the law for a ar in your parents home that they are not going to even know about and probably (don't know law, but i know CA is not too gun friendly, especially ars) putting them in some type of criminal jeopardy is just fucking stupid.

what the fuck kind of answers were you expecting?

when you are all grown up and own your own house that you have busted your ass for, do whatever the fuck you want, but until then respect your parents
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks for playing.

ETA:Quit feeding it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
whats going on people.... im from California, and i was looking at the Bushmaster Carbon 15 Califonia Model. I was wondering if it is possible for me to buy the California model with the fixed 10 round clip, then buy me a lower reciever from another place like somewhere in Las Vegas. Do you think it would fit if i changed it, or not??? i know its illegal to have a detachable clip for an assualt weapon in CA, but oh well. Or would it be best if I just move to a different state??? i am also considering alternatives guns such as the Socom 2 or the DSA SA58. Can you guys help me??[[[

unreal.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the site.....

Now leave.
Public statements of intent to break laws are met with prejudice around here.
If your response to violating the law is "oh well" you have come to the wrong place for advice.

Good luck with that project of yours.
Here's a bit of advice for free.....

It's generally a bad idea to publicly announce that you not only are interested in possessing a weapon that violates your local laws, but to do so on a public forum that is regularly monitored for such statements. If you dont think that this site is monitored....keep talking...its not my door that will get knocked on.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
whats going on people.... im from California, and i was looking at the Bushmaster Carbon 15 Califonia Model. I was wondering if it is possible for me to buy the California model with the fixed 10 round clip, then buy me a lower reciever from another place like somewhere in Las Vegas. Do you think it would fit if i changed it, or not??? i know its illegal to have a detachable clip for an assualt weapon in CA, but oh well. Or would it be best if I just move to a different state??? i am also considering alternatives guns such as the Socom 2 or the DSA SA58. Can you guys help me??[hr

One felony on the record, and it will be the end of any gun buying experiences out here in CA. There are LEGAL off-list lowers with open well mags, that are selling in CA, but it requires a good and careful grasp of the current semiauto rifle laws. While probably bluffing, the CA Dept of Justice has already threatened some of the businesses out here, that the most popular way of fixing the mag, is not approved, and they will be going to the local ranges to find a couple of "test cases".

You probably don't want to become the poster child of the CA offlist rush....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
IBTB
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Someone needs to delete this 's account.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#19]
kill the spy!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#20]
<--- thread starter
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:59:38 AM EDT
[#22]
IBTL
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Read this thread, its tacked towards the top of the AR discussions forum:  Staying legal in CA

Then again maybe you should worry about getting a drivers license or graduating before you look for ways to end up in jail for having an illegal rifle.  Your parents will love you for it.

Stay in school.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#24]
The best suggestion I could give you is:

VOTE!!!

and get other like-minded individuals to do the same
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#25]
yeh yeh yeh everyone is mad. i already said sorry to all of you as well as the staff members for this site.  i do plan on purchasing the CA model Bushamster Carbon 15.  can you guys show me some pics of yours (not that i want to make it illegal) just so i can get an idea for accesories?? i wanna see how i can make mine stand out from other people at the range.   thanks

also can someone explain the difference between .223 and 5.56? will any ar15 accept both or only one of them?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

HE'S A TROLL!!! BURN HIM!!! AN ATF/DOJ/JBT PLANT HERE TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE!!!

HELLO MR. ATF/DOJ/JBT OVERLORD. WE ARE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND WOULD NEVER DISOBEY THE LAWS OF THIS GREAT LAND.

Got tinfoil?

Okay, how old are you? If I found out my kid was hiding guns from me, I'd beat his ass. How did you get access to guns in the first place? What do you have? I want to see pictures. We needs details.

Now IF you over 18 years old you can LEGALLY buy a stripped AR15 lower receiver at a lot of stores and just about any gun show. Then you can LEGALLY attach a ten round mag and LEGALLY build an AR in almost any configuration that you want.

No you can't have a machine gun. And you can't have an SBR.

I suggest that you strictly adhere to the COC of the site from here on in. Asking stupid questions right out of the box is a sure way to get banned or labeled as a troll. Be polite and think before you say things like "I know that it's illegal BUT..."

Please refer to the following link for CA gun laws. Also, the California Hometown forum has a bunch of good info. And please try Calguns.net for some very specific gun topics.

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/

Hang in there. A lot of new posters get reamed on their first try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
yeh yeh yeh everyone is mad. i already said sorry to all of you as well as the staff members for this site.  i do plan on purchasing the CA model Bushamster Carbon 15.  can you guys show me some pics of yours (not that i want to make it illegal) just so i can get an idea for accesories?? i wanna see how i can make mine stand out from other people at the range.   thanks

also can someone explain the difference between .223 and 5.56? will any ar15 accept both or only one of them?

thanks

There already lots of pictures on the AR-15 forum. See the little tabs at the top of the page? Click on the tab marked AR-15. Click on AR discussions. Now look for the AR-15 picture threads that are tacked at the top.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

thanks

Guys who are trashing you are actually your friends - they are warning you of your ignorance and what will happen to you if you go down the wrong road. I will say this to you -READ THE SITE BEFOR POSTING -FFS every single question you have already asked is posted here already and your being looked at as a idiot with good reason.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#29]
operator error

i own a remington 870 express magnum and a ruger 10/ 22. i went to the gun show yesterday and saw some stripped lower recievers. but now i dont know if i wanna go that way. whats guns do you own??? are you a cop too??
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
operator error

i own a remington 870 express magnum and a ruger 10/ 22. i went to the gun show yesterday and saw some stripped lower recievers. but now i dont know if i wanna go that way. whats guns do you own??? are you a cop too??

Okay. How old are you? Were the guns legally obtained? How did you get them without your parents knowledge if you are underage? Are they in a safe or securely stored? Any small kids in the house? Not loaded are they?

See, these are things that raise red flags. Not trying to be impolite.

What guns do I own? A .38 and a 10/22.

That's all you need.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks

Guys who are trashing you are actually your friends - they are warning you of your ignorance and what will happen to you if you go down the wrong road. I will say this to you -READ THE SITE BEFOR POSTING -FFS every single question you have already asked is posted here already and your being looked at as a idiot with good reason.

+1. Seriously.......
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

thanks

Do us all a favor and dont post again until you have read every thread on this website at least twice.  Once you do that, go to the archive, and read all those threads three times.  You can do this now and save yourself alot of trouble with the law, and a lot of teasing on this site, or you can stay ignorant to everything around you and have plenty of time to read the threads while in jail and getting teased by guys who want to ass fuck you for fun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top