Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:53:47 AM EDT
Is it necessary to modify the holes on the hammer and trigger when installing these pins.  The reason i ask is that there is alittle play in the receiver pin holes so i just wanted to tighten them up.  but there is not really any play with the pins in the trigger and hammer holes.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
reciever pin holes? so you are asking about the takedown and pivot pins?

what are you asking? you ask about modifying the hammer and trigger pins but state there isnt anything wrong with them?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#2]
the springs when installed correctly will keep your pins from moving out.

I think what he is saying is that the fire control pins on his lower are of a larger dia than the holes in the hammer and trigger for there respective pins.

Side note Hammer has a J spring in there so it will appear to ghave a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
no what i was asking was kns trigger and hammer pins come in 3 different sizes 1 standard, 1 oversided standard, and 1 for colt large pins.  i would like toknow if the oversized pins which are .155" instead of the standard size .154" will simply fit the hammer and trigger holes with out modifing the hammer and trigger pin holes.  My receiver has a little bit of play in those holes which is why i would like to use the oversized holes if it is as simple removing the old ones and replacing with oversized ones.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
yes, but the oversized ones require slight tapping/persuading on new recievers
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
KNS also sells a reamer for some of their pins........
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top